Wii in Australia thread

if i have a US version of WII can i still buy and play aus games?
....i am movin to aus next year..and it would suck if i have to buy a new one....

Only if there is some sort of “free loader” available.
You guys have NTSC and we are PAL (same as Europe)
anyway Im sure you could sell it on Ebay for atleast what you paid fir it

Got my phone-call from EB yesterday. They told me all about the midnight launch, where I should be, what I should do, how long I should be there.

In the same call, she tells me that if we want anything else on launch night, we need to pre-order. I tell her that the day before, I had gone in to pre-order controllers, and the guy had said pre-ordering was finished. She says she didn't hear anything about that, and as far as she knew, you could still pre-order.

So I missed out on pre-ordering my final 2 controllers, because of an arse EB employee. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't an hour trip by bus.

Hopefully I get there early enough on launch night that I can get 2 controllers before they're sold out. Need 4 controllers, else I won't be able to enjoy the Wii completely, totally, and immensly.

Tomorrow night guys. It's so close I can smell it's beautiful white glow.

In other news, I convinced my dearest mother that she needs to wake up and pick me up at midnight. I'm not entirely happy with the idea of taking $1000 worth of Wii stuff on the bus home.

She agreed, but she's gonna look like hell when I wake her up. I'll have to be careful not to enrage her, or I might not get a chance to open the Wii up before she bites my head off.

what time is everyone leaving to get their wii?
I'm thinking maybe 10:00 or something for an hour and a hathat's I'll get there around 10:30 wait lf should definatly get one

my EB said they would open at 10 so i'm just going in then. why not tho, i've got nothing better to do besides sit at my mates house curled up in a ball rolling back and forth repedatly saying "wii".

looking forward to adding all you aussie guys, you've been great help in this "wii-o-holics anonymus" group.:lol:

Yeah, it's cool seeing all the Aussies in one thread, making it easier to talk about Aussie things. Props to Sam_Harris for starting the thread. You've done us a great service my man.

As for when I'm going to EB.. Well, I've thought about it, and I suppose it all depends on whether my work is done early tomorrow night or not. I have a final assessment for uni, and I should get that done by tomorrow before Wii, else I'll never finish it. It's due Thursday though, so it should be done.

I sorta went off topic there, but to answer the question; Probably around 10. My EB opens at 11, but I want to be near first in line so I can grab my stuff that I wasn't able to pre-order.

i'm lucky 'cause i've finished exams last week and i'm in melbourne, and we have about 50 places doing midnight launch so it's going to be easy to get my hands on one. good luck to the rest of you guys tho

Got two exams tommorow then one thursday and one firday so I'm waiting until friday arvo to set up my wii so I can have a long uniteruppted first play of the wii

oooooo double post

I just have to bring it up what does everyone feel and think about Hardly Normal Prices, I mean Harvey Norman not getting the wii?

I think its a great move by nintendo, someone who abandonded the Gamecube and took it off their shelves doesn't deserve to sell the Wii, loyalty my friends loyalty.

I never really considered Harvey Norman as a console seller. I wouldn't go there for anything PC or console related. My mum bought a coffee machine from there, and it needs new filters, but they never have anyone there who can give them to us. They keep giving us rubbish answers.

Well o the note of the midnight launch so friends are coming over one not getting the one is and going to see the prestige at 6:40 then at 8:30 DHOOM 2 because the mall shuts at 5:30 see we get to the mall at 6:30 to get all our stuff then at eleven we or a little bit towards eleven we leave walk 20 metres and line up and hope I can buy Red Steel Ill probably film my adventure and post it on YouTube

Ohhh you guys are lucky you get a midnight launch, even though I wouldnt wake up at midnight but just the fact that you can is good :)

Back