Wii in Australia thread

Hmmm I think i can dig up an interview with ricky ponting cricket about the Wii give me a minute
Edit:Here it is
21 Oct 2006 - Sports games may be the new craze on Nintendo's Wii. Will Cricket join the collection?

As the official game of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007, Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007 will hit Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and PC when it launches in March 2007, and may possibly make an appearance on Nintendo's Wii.

The game's publisher, Codemasters, said on the matter, "Unfortunately we cannot confirm any plans, at the moment, to release Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007 on the Nintendo Wii." However, it added, "We do not rule out doing a Nintendo Wii version, but this will not be in the immediate future."

There's no doubt the title would be both incredibly well-suited to the Wii's motion capabilities and an Australian audience. Stay tuned for any further developments.

Last edited:
2 days to go boyz!!!! midnight launch is gunna be off tap!
EB have been really good to everyone wanting a wii and have ordered not only all of the pre-orders but and extra 100 consoles incase any misshaps happen. aaaaand wii comes stock with component cables!! to go with my new HD TV!!! been at myer again beating the boss on TP it is sooo much fun!

man, melbourne is the best! at our wii setup in myer, we had zelda TP the demo, you can eiter do fishing which is insane! i love fishing! or you can do a dungeon with a boss at the end. the boss is some flame guy and you shoot him in the head with and arrow and then drag his chained legs untill he falls then you massacre his face with the wiimote!! the setup also had wii play and the games on that were insane! pool and shooting gallery are the best. but i was dissapointed about the wiimote sensitivity, the guy said you can change it but he said that he did'nt no how to change the sensitivity so shooting arrows on TP was abit touchy and fast. but this is the best console ever! good luck ausies!

Man, Jono, now I'm even more excited.

I wish my Myer still had the demo console up. When it was up, the only game they had running was Wii Sports.

2 DAYS! 2 FREAKING WHOLE DAYS!

Yet your sig says 3 weird....
but its basically two days to go wooooo

Jono said:
2 days to go boyz!!!! midnight launch is gunna be off tap!
EB have been really good to everyone wanting a wii and have ordered not only all of the pre-orders but and extra 100 consoles incase any misshaps happen. aaaaand wii comes stock with component cables!! to go with my new HD TV!!! been at myer again beating the boss on TP it is sooo much fun!
Uh no it comes with normal AV cablea

nope it comes with component! i was shocked to, EB said it did, the guy at the wii stand said it did and you can even go up to the tv the wii was plugged into and see the component cables yourself!

Jono, i wouldnt believe the guys at eb over nintendo, and nintendo say it doesnt, and you will have to pay the extra 50 if u want them...

well if nintendo says it does'nt then it does'nt, ah well it will be 50 buks worth spent

Flip said:
2 days and 8 hours. I'll wait until it gets closer to 2 days before I change it.
2 days 5 hours 46 minutes 10 seconds actually not that I'm counting

i spoke to the myers guy and they said they may get the stock later.. so lame-_-

yes its the 7th! "ur pre order has been delayed, by a year"

yay

Back