Wii in Australia thread

OMG anyone seen online Wii prices lately for Australia? We are going through what the US did/still is.
My aunty rang me up last night trying to find her kid a Wii, and wondered why she couldnt find any. E-bay seems the only option ATM.
Apparently new stock isnt arriving til February....

If the wii was region free I would be in a buying frenzy atm...But my warranty is expired on the wii and modding the wii voids the warranty but what difference will that make now anyways? But does modding make the wii only able to play downloaded games? Because I'd rather buy mine.

Nah, if you mod your Wii you can play d/l games, games you bought and lots of other things too. I'm an expert :p I'm waiting for a swapdisc or whatever they're called though, cause I'm scared that modding the wii could stop online play.
No online + SSB = :yikes:

woot just went on a rampage got 2000 points that got me web browser mario and luigi 3 and sonic 3... also got GH3 gota figure out how 2 get friend codes havnt really looked yet... just went into career mode on easy its fairly easy getting around the 94% mark... umm got a classic controler i will have to get another 1 for my bro.. umm 1 question for brawl will we be able to use wii motes gamecube motes and classic to make up 4 players if people dont all want to use my wii motes?

toomstone said:
umm 1 question for brawl will we be able to use wii motes gamecube motes and classic to make up 4 players if people dont all want to use my wii motes?
Yes I believe so.

Well I doubt that they'd make only one controller type usable at the one time...they really expect people to have 4 wiimotes? and nunchucks? and GC controllers and VC controllers....

Anyways...Sorry Eagles about not going back on...we started watching Planet Earth again...watched it nearly 2-3 hours straight...Loving it....it's a BBC documentary series....

gpoleweski said:
Oh...so it doesn't make the wii region free? And the xbox 360 and PS3 are already region free so I can get games from american and am able to play the on the consoles...?
Nup, WiiKeys and such dont make it Region-Free, cause Nintendo hates us so much that even if we hack our wii its still not region free... yet
Not all 360 games are region free, FTW!

I know all the PS3 games are region free, you already said that so i felt I didn't need to repeat it.

Well sooory! I finally beat GH on med...I thought that Raining Blood would be too hard, so I did One and I got withing about 30 seconds of the end of the song and failed...I was quite pissed seeing as I had gottan 98% of it at the time that I failed....

So I did raining bloody and sinched that...then I went to the boss battle with Lou...it took me 3 or 4 times with Slash and Tom but suprisingly I kicked Lous ass the first time I tried...I was quite suprised.

Back