Wii in Australia thread

And what most of us would give to get out of Australia - even just for a holiday.

So...anyone want to go to....Japan...or New Zealand for a start...or maybe Canada...Or perhaps we should go on a massive tour of Europe....all of this requires money...well, my pockets are dry...I don't know about yours...I have some in 'special places' but I ain't gonna use it now...

Last edited:
TAFE
I just versed Oceanic in GHIII. Lets just say I play way to much to lose.
I want to go to America. It has cheap manga! Yeah...

brendo said:
Hey oceanic, what did you think of lost last night?
I didn't watch it last night :shifty: I did however watch it last weekend! IT WAS FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And soon I will be able to watch episode 2, thanks to my American friends!!

Yeah, too bad about this season having only 8 episodes. Ha. Ha.
Oh, and
"Namco Bandai is reportedly set to close down between 50 and 60 of its arcades in Japan, due to the success of the Nintendo Wii."

Was reading the paper 2day (yesterday). And found some interesting info.
Not only are Wii and DS both the fastest selling consoles in Australia ever, and also the two to sell the most units in a given time frame ever. But also that DS sold a whopping 110,000 units in December alone, and Wii sold like 45,000 (probably more had their not been shortages). Thats a crapload of consoles! I think Wii has now sold 500,000 in 58weeks. Thats damn close to 1 in every 48 people (12 families) in Australia own a Wii. (thats a bit of guesswork, I kinda failed 'social maths' at school).

Last edited:
Your pressuming that every household has 4 people. So its more like 1 in every 80 people. I think? Thats a guess too. I got a High Distinction in maths!

Oceanic said:
I didn't watch it last night :shifty: I did however watch it last weekend! IT WAS FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And soon I will be able to watch episode 2, thanks to my American friends!!

I would be in the same boat if i didnt have a small download limit. Dont blame ya:lol: . At least this year we only have to wait less then a week, compared to the several weeks we had to wait last season
Was a great episode though. Looking forward to next weeks ep!

EDIT: 8 episodes

lol wut??

There is 16 episodes in this season

brendo said:
I would be in the same boat if i didnt have a small download limit. Dont blame ya:lol: . At least this year we only have to wait less then a week, compared to the several weeks we had to wait last season
Was a great episode though. Looking forward to next weeks ep!

EDIT: 8 episodes

lol wut??

There is 16 episodes in this season
Nup. There is 8. Look it up. Its because of the writers strike. There was meant to be 16.

And there will be a Ninjabread Man 2. Cause...the first one was awesome?

Woo cause for celebration right there....
I'm disliking Wii atm, after returning MOH:H2 for store credit, I really couldnt find a game to pick up and replace it with...Off-road Extreme ALMOST looked tempting, I mean, hey Wii hasnt got THAT many racing games, sure the graphics are bad, but so are all Wii graphics... game looks like itd be more entertaining that MotorStorm, or whatever that PS3 title is that has the arcade racing, and apart fromlooking nice is more boring than Episode One Racer on N64. Am I having a whinge? of course I am, its the weather i swear...

nkbswe5 said:
Nup. There is 8. Look it up. Its because of the writers strike. There was meant to be 16.

And there will be a Ninjabread Man 2. Cause...the first one was awesome?

omg no way:mad5:

I'd heard that there was 16 eps, but they have only made 8, and production has stoped at the moment but they plan to go and do the next 8 eps of this season when the strike was over:yikes:

Also, im seriously considering selling my wii and getting a 360....Its just dissapointment after dissapointment for me atm:\

Back