wii Internet

URUman

WiiChat Member
Aug 2, 2007
I just got a wii, and I want the Internet connection, but i don't have wireless Internet, and I don't want to get taht wired LAN thingie... I believe there is some Wii/DS Wifi Max thingie, and i would have gotten taht, but i'm not sure if there's a catch... is it one of those things that you pay 10 bucks each month to use? or do u get to use it for free once you have it? o, and annother quetion, i forgot the actual name of that wii/ds wifi max thingie... wat's the actual name?

I think its called a wireless USB adaptor. You plug it into a USB port on a computer that has an internet connection, and your wii uses wifi to connect to it to get online. And with whatever you use to get online with Wii, it's always going to be free, so no monthly/yearly payments.

-Also, welcome to WiiChat ^_^

There's a Wi-Fi USB Adapter I think but I'm not too sure how that works. If you don't fancy using that option theres always the LAN Adapter, although you'd need to get an ethernet cable to connect your Wii to your PC.

Wait... the link I made leads to a wireless connection... u mean somehow it wirelessly connects to my Wired connection (as i said, i don't have a wirelsee rouder, and don't want to get a Wired LAN thingie) i'm planning on getting the thingie in that link.

WiFi MAX is your ticket to the exciting world of online gaming, and it couldn't be simpler to use. Just plug your USB WiFi dongle into your internet-enabled PC to create a Wireless Access Point. You can then connect to the internet and play online-enabled multiplayer games with DS and Wii gamers from all over the world. Just the thing if you don't have a wireless router! Best of all, WiFi MAX supports up to five ‘local' DS gamers at a time, so you and your mates can all play online at once with no loss of speed!

u should really look at the details :p

ok... um, will it work if my computer is on the complete opposite side of the house as the wii? and will i hav to unplug my modem to plug it in? or does it just hook into the usb on the comp? is there something i need to put in the USB port on the wii?

URUman said:
ok... um, will it work if my computer is on the complete opposite side of the house as the wii? and will i hav to unplug my modem to plug it in? or does it just hook into the usb on the comp? is there something i need to put in the USB port on the wii?

All you have to do is plug it into the USB port of the computer. Then, make sure your computer is on and has an internet connection. Go on your Wii and go to options, then internet settings to set up the connection. When you select "wireless connection" and the Wii searches for any nearby connections available, it should pickup the connection. If possible, put your Wii on a shelf or on something other than the ground. Doing this would possibly ensure a more stable and stronger connection.

Not exactly so. Dont forget to instal the software. Like everyone else said it feeds off your existing internet and Nintendo dosn't charge for the fee. I paid like 60 bucks for mine.

You can get a router for about the same price as the Wifi dongle and both your PC and Wii can have wireless. The Wii has wireless built in, but then you will need an adapter for your PC. But the main point is, a router is about the same price as the dongle. And the dongle is actually not that good of a connection as it shares the connection of a PC. If you want loads of info check the search bar on the right of this page to access several threads on this.

ok... but will i hav to hav my comp on whenever i use the internet on the wii? that could get kinda annoying after awhile...

Back