Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lethal said:
In 5 years the PS3 and 360 will neck and neck. High Definition will be huge in 5years. (movies, games) This is where the Wii will take its biggest hit.

And this is where LONG TERM sales is going to hurt Nintendo. They opted to cut corners... and alot of Nintendo fanboys don't care... they don't mind last years technology. I, on the other hand as a audio/videophile... I want the next best thing, not what we've been seeing since the 90's. Nintendo's console sales will dip siginificantly in a few years as the Playstation 3 is still taking off... .the 360, it will be somewhere in the middle.

The 360 has such an outstanding marketplace. I think that alone will keep the 360 on top or right there with the PS3. I think that alone is what will determine the winner. i could be wrong though. But the Wii definately will be last.

Squall7 said:
Interesting. Consoles sold per day (average) according to nexgen wars website:
360: 20932.5307 consoles per day
PS3: 23527.8667 consoles per day
Wii: 86220.3846 consoles per day

(figures accurate from 2/12/06)

Thats pointless. The PS3 doesnt even have a supply to sell and the 360 is a year old now. Nintendo shipped over 1million to the states. No kidding they sell more a day right now lol.

Last edited:
ABC said:
And this is where LONG TERM sales is going to hurt Nintendo. They opted to cut corners... and alot of Nintendo fanboys don't care... they don't mind last years technology. I, on the other hand as a audio/videophile... I want the next best thing, not what we've been seeing since the 90's. Nintendo's console sales will dip siginificantly in a few years as the Playstation 3 is still taking off... .the 360, it will be somewhere in the middle.
Interesting theory...

That's assuming that Nintendo won't bring out a HD console when HD really does start penetrating the market.

If you dislike the Wii that much, why are you here?

Squall7 said:

OMG shut up with that. Nobody dislikes it! DAMN! They wont win the war is all. Title needs to be Fanboys keep out of this discussion

Lethal said:
OMG shut up with that. Nobody dislikes it! DAMN! They wont win the war is all. Title needs to be Fanboys keep out of this discussion
Ok, so you sign up to a Nintendo community, dis the Wii and then have a go at people whom wonder why somebody whom dislikes the Wii (or at least think it's going to fail - and has openly admitted that they think it is merely 90's technology) is here.

I think this site needs a warning: Sony/Xbox fans need not apply. It's obvious that you're just either out to prove that "sony's the best" or "MS is the best". This is a Nintendo community. If you're not being part of the community, why are you here?

Last edited:
lol cryyyyyyyy me a rivvvvvvverrrrrrrrr. Your the fanboy prez I bet. No matter how much you cry kid the Wii wont win the war and isnt the best. Im in a forum to talk about other things to buddy. Im not dissing the Wii. Not my fault that stating facts sounds like its being dissed. Maybe thats telling you something?

Hell I like the Wii alot. I play more right now than my 360. But it will wear off I am sure.

Squall7 said:
Interesting theory...

That's assuming that Nintendo won't bring out a HD console when HD really does start penetrating the market.

HD has started penetrating the market obviously more than you are aware of.

Enjoy: HDTV Sales figures - Google Search

I love my Nintendo Wii but I REALLY hate it's shortcomings. As I said before, if the Wii was my only source of gaming... I would be one REALLY pissed off gamer.

george:) said:
its not next gen...after playing the 360 in HD..i could never play the Wii now....ah ****...i may still get on on release but wouldnt play it as much as 360..just because the GFX are ****...they look like PS2 for crying out loud

lmao to bad their almost as twice as good as the gamecubes graphics, artard, its just the lazy devs that make games have bad graphics. but one of (if not THE) most beautiful games is zelda, which is a GAMECUBE title

p.s. ABC thats because your rich and dont value things as much!!!

Sovieto said:
p.s. ABC thats because your rich and dont value things as much!!!

Whoa whoa... I am far from rich and I work hard for the money I do have. Besides what the hell does that have to do with my comment above? :lol:

ABC said:
Whoa whoa... I am far from rich and I work hard for the money I do have. Besides what the hell does that have to do with my comment above? :lol:
cause you said youd be a pissed off gamer if you only had the wii
i was really just trying to flame you for being rich, i thought you werent that old to work........anyways im not sorry CAUSE I WANT A JOB!!!! :frown2:

Sovieto said:
cause you said youd be a pissed off gamer if you only had the wii
i was really just trying to flame you for being rich, i thought you werent that old to work........anyways im not sorry CAUSE I WANT A JOB!!!! :frown2:

I am turning 22 in 2 weeks and have been doing audio and music since I was 12... so yeah, I am young for WHERE I work, but not young TO work.

Lethal said:
lol cryyyyyyyy me a rivvvvvvverrrrrrrrr. Your the fanboy prez I bet. No matter how much you cry kid the Wii wont win the war and isnt the best. Im in a forum to talk about other things to buddy. Im not dissing the Wii. Not my fault that stating facts sounds like its being dissed. Maybe thats telling you something?

Hell I like the Wii alot. I play more right now than my 360. But it will wear off I am sure.
Facts? Is this a dummy account for ABC because you're really starting to sound the same. No **** there's "fanboys" around, it's a Nintendo Forum. If this were joystiq or a PS3 forum, you'd have the right to complain.

How is:
In any way FACT?

Considering Facts are statements which are True, and "Facts" about how things will turn out are invalid.

I'm glad you like the Wii, but please understand that a lot of people here like the Wii too, and don't think that it will "fail" in the end. And also, touting your own opinions on why Nintendo will fail will ultimately only lead to conflict. I'm not saying not to express your opinions, only that it's not alright to start trying to demean them because of thier views.

The 360 has such an outstanding marketplace. I think that alone will keep the 360 on top or right there with the PS3. I think that alone is what will determine the winner. i could be wrong though. But the Wii definately will be last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall7
Interesting. Consoles sold per day (average) according to nexgen wars website:
360: 20932.5307 consoles per day
PS3: 23527.8667 consoles per day
Wii: 86220.3846 consoles per day

(figures accurate from 2/12/06)

Thats pointless. The PS3 doesnt even have a supply to sell and the 360 is a year old now. Nintendo shipped over 1million to the states. No kidding they sell more a day right now lol.
I didn't claim that it will remain that way. Just indicating that when the figures come around the next time, when the 360's lead wears off, things might be a little different. All I said was "interesting". I also said "according to Nexgen wars". Also, don't forget that when the PS3 came out in Japan, it sold more consoles than games (more consoles to sell on ebay - thus not being used as a gaming machine)
videogamesblogger said:
PS3 has a software-hardware tie ratio of 0.98
Source:Here

HD has started penetrating the market obviously more than you are aware of.

Enjoy: HDTV Sales figures - Google Search

I love my Nintendo Wii but I REALLY hate it's shortcomings. As I said before, if the Wii was my only source of gaming... I would be one REALLY pissed off gamer.
And what am I meant to be looking at in the google search? I stated:
Me said:
hat's assuming that Nintendo won't bring out a HD console when HD really does start penetrating the market.
I don't really see over 50% of the population with HDTV's yet. So why bother marketing/selling to a minority?

Last edited:
ABC said:
I am turning 22 in 2 weeks and have been doing audio and music since I was 12... so yeah, I am young for WHERE I work, but not young TO work.
im zealos of you and always will be (till i get a job) and for that i shall flame you for all your worth (which is a lot) i just turned 14 but a couple months ago mcdonalds raised the working age to 16 (to many 14 yr olds quit) but i wouldnt quit i have working experience thats hwo i got ym wii and ds and everything =[[[ tear tear

Sovieto said:
im zealos of you and always will be (till i get a job) and for that i shall flame you for all your worth (which is a lot) i just turned 14 but a couple months ago mcdonalds raised the working age to 16 (to many 14 yr olds quit) but i wouldnt quit i have working experience thats hwo i got ym wii and ds and everything =[[[ tear tear

:lol: I commend you because at least you WANT a job unlike many kids your age. At 14 I was working construction for my Uncles company.... needless to say it wasn't fun but the pay was good. Just keep at it and you can find ways to make money (legally I might add).

And squal, give it a rest. Your debating skills are very poor. You dig holes you can't get out of and make comparisons to things that are completely irrelivent. May I just say, do NOT get into politics. You'd be comparing your oponent to a waffle while he demolishes you with FACTS and statistics.

Last edited:
ABC said:
And squal, give it a rest. Your debating skills are very poor. You dig holes you can't get out of and make comparisons to things that are completely irrelivent. May I just say, do NOT get into politics. You'd be comparing your oponent to a waffle while he demolishes you with FACTS and statistics.
How about you start treating people better on this forum? Or is that to much to ask? My debating skills are not in question here. Your ideas of what "facts and statistics" are flawed. You use outdated "evidence" backed up by arrogant statements. You disregard any comparisons because you are short-sighted and cannot see any points except your own. I really do hope you get into politics. If Jack Thompson were like you, he wouldn't even stand a chance in court.

We can either play "who get's the last word", or you can say something meaningful and sensible and notably true next time (in a non-offensive way). The choice is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back