Wii LAN adapter

Carts

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2008
I just got my Wii and I want to go online. I dont have wireless internet, but I got a router and I already have everything set up. Now I need a Wii LAN adapter, they sell them online but I dont have a credit card so my uestion is where can I buy 1 of these?

Carts said:
I just got my Wii and I want to go online. I dont have wireless internet, but I got a router and I already have everything set up. Now I need a Wii LAN adapter, they sell them online but I dont have a credit card so my uestion is where can I buy 1 of these?

Gamestop
Target
EB Games
Wallmart
Toy's R Us
Games For Less
Play 'N Trade
The list goes on...

Carts said:

Check best buy, target, circuit city, gamestop

sure one of these places will have them near you :cool:

ok thx, I need to know in advance because all those stores are about a 30 min drive.

It would seem the blatantly-obvious thing is to call ahead and ask them if they have it in-stock.

if it dosent work its a pain in the butt myn dosent work online and i have full bars and ive used the usb cable and still cant get online.

rabownz said:
if it dosent work its a pain in the butt myn dosent work online and i have full bars and ive used the usb cable and still cant get online.

do you actually get "bars" on the LAN adapter? (been too long, dont remember)

i'd go with the settings in your router need to be changed somewhere. and for a stupid question.. do you have the "Nintendo" LAN adapter? i know most generic dont work with the Wii. there's only like 2 that work with it (maybe more, maybe less, idk)

lol i finally got my wii working online we had a electrishion fixing stuff at our house and he fixed the router by disabling the routers firewall don't ask me because i have no idea how

rabownz said:
lol i finally got my wii working online we had a electrishion fixing stuff at our house and he fixed the router by disabling the routers firewall don't ask me because i have no idea how
This is bad. Very bad. One of the points of having a router is the firewall.

It's like fixing a loose seatbelt in a car by removing the seatbelts.

Instead of having an electrician try and solve a computer problem by making things worse, get someone skilled with computers to come fix it. Would you have a plumber remove your appendix?

If you got the wii wireless internet and its set up you dont need a lan adaptor unless u want a wired connection aswell!

My wii is on wireless and it works perfectly no adaptor or nothing!:wink:

Back