Wii Left Hand Discrimination!!!

Larryadair said:
My wife, myself and 4 other of our Wii playing friend are left handed. I recently purchased "M&S Olympics" and Midway's "Game Party". Both games are configured for right handed players only. This is very frustrating. I cannot even use the left hand on my Mii.

This issue will surely detour me from purchasing titles in the future. Has anyone else had this problem?

Interesting. I'm left handed also, but it hasn't cauzed me extreme difficulty like is has you, but I do have problems with the wii controles in some games, particularly Mario Galaxy. I have to constantly switch hands in it to control certain parts.

"I'm ambisinister, but my Mother-In-Law, who is left handed, says to stop whining and play the game.

Lets be honest. Everything in our society is optomized for Right-Handed people. Computer keyboards, standard computer setup and layout, Gear controls in cars, Radio controls in cars, Refridgerator doors, can-openers, Spiral Notebooks, All Desks in all schools everywhere, and heck, even elevators.

It's a bit funny that Mario & Sonic at the Olympics is your breaking point."

That is so true, this is a right handed world and we lefties have to adapt. I don't like it any better than you do...

Last edited:
Bigred said:
1. like 90% of the population is right handed. If you were some big CEO, who would you want to market to if you had to choose a hand.
2. Just get used to it.

-1. it's more like 65 or 70% of people, maybe 75%.
-2. it seems you really don't know what your talking about. Just play RE4 or SSX blur or Wii sports without changing left hand right hand settings, just switch Wii remote and Nunchuk in your hands and see how you do and see how you do.

And if you have noticed, quite a few posters are left-handed.

Larryadair said:
My wife, myself and 4 other of our Wii playing friend are left handed. I recently purchased "M&S Olympics" and Midway's "Game Party". Both games are configured for right handed players only. This is very frustrating. I cannot even use the left hand on my Mii.

This issue will surely detour me from purchasing titles in the future. Has anyone else had this problem?

Wow, that's probably the biggest collection of frea... left handed people I've ever heard of. Well outside of a DEVIL WORSHIPERS convention that is! :lol: :lol: :lol:

^ joke ^

Bigred said:
1. like 90% of the population is right handed. If you were some big CEO, who would you want to market to if you had to choose a hand.
2. Just get used to it.

That is not good enough.

It wouldn't go down very well if you said that 90% of the population of America is white so everyone should just forget the other 10% exist. They'll get over it.

Those games mentioned aren't the only one with this problem. Rockstar Table Tennis also doesn't have this option. That truly is awful.

Back