Wii Lifetime ?

Could last a long time until the laser breaks, or gets dusted up, then you just gotta repair it or clean it. Just try keeping it covered from the outside dust.

no i`m mean how many years will be the wii on the market before nintendo plans on work in a new console

5 years? Like most I think but t depends on if they make a upgrade to the Wii or not.

5 years, just like every other ninty console, and like all other major consoles (give or take a year for them though)

Ya but he didn't say until they market a new item, he said until they start to plan a new one.

They are already planning the new one. Once you release one system, the companies generally start right on figuring out the next one. I know that Sony has said they are planning on the PS3 to last 10 years, and there are reports that MS is looking to replace the Xbox in 2011-2012. So, I would suspect somewhere in the middle of those numbers. At least 5 years, as a guess.

im guessing another 7 - 9 years.. because every generation, as the consoles become better, it gets harder to make better ones..i think that nintendo's next console after the wii will stay on the market for like 10 years, the console after that is gonna be like 15 years and so on.right now,it's gonna be really hard for nintendo to innovate and create a console thats better than the motion sensing wiimote...how can they invent something that will change the way we play games beyond what the wiimote does..etc..plus they gotta think about backwards compatability.

Skullmass said:
im guessing another 7 - 9 years.. because every generation, as the consoles become better, it gets harder to make better ones..i think that nintendo's next console after the wii will stay on the market for like 10 years, the console after that is gonna be like 15 years and so on.right now,it's gonna be really hard for nintendo to innovate and create a console thats better than the motion sensing wiimote...how can they invent something that will change the way we play games beyond what the wiimote does..etc..plus they gotta think about backwards compatability.
Not the Wii, The Wii is way too weak to live over 5 years the PS3 will last 10 years but not the Wii it needs a hardrive, better graphic card etc.

none of these systems "NEED" anything else. it's the games and the power of ideas that really keeps things going. it's the same exact thing when it comes to movies. Yeah cool special effects and high paid actors are good to have in a movie, but what REALLY matters is the story and entertainment factor. If the script and story sucks, then the movie is going to suck regardless of how many special effects and big stars are in it. Case in point, Napoleon Dynamite did phenomenal, despite being made with virtual unknowns and on almost no money. But movies like Bloodrayne, Adventures of Plutonash and Gigli all suck so hard.

Same goes for games and systems, graphical power and speed are all well and good, but if the games aren't rocking then the system is essentially just one expensive paper weight. You need awesome games, no matter the graphical beauty, to keep your system alive, and that's what the Wii has. Not to say the Xbox360 doesnt have them as well (i've yet to see any real ones on PS3) but I'm just saying the Wii has what it takes to go 5+ rounds. Especially if the developers take advantage of its unique capabilities. I'm sure it'll take a little while for them to figure out some nifty stuff to do with it, like it also took them a while with the DS but it will come with time and experience.

Four and half years from now, in time for Christmas is about right and seeing as the 360 had a headstart on Wii. I could see Nintendo's next and a new Xbox released around the same time.

I don't believe all this ten year life of PS3. Technology moves on Sony would get a new machine out there 12-16 months after the competition.

If like people its going to finish up being a three way split market its hard to see what will happen. PS2 is going strong so long after because it was so successful. If the spoils are shared then maybe more motivation to kick start the new wave.

Foreveeeer! Lol. Hmm.. I'd say 5 years ish. before the next big console, think we'll see a one or two hand helds in between then though

probably 4-5 years, I wouldn't like having the same console for 10 years, I love when new nintendo machines come out =P

Back