wii longetivity

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
how long do u think the wii is gonna last.? i mean people say its a gimmick and a fad.

About the same length of time as most other consoles.

People called it a gimmick right out of the gate.
Personally I feel its lost that title, selling tons of consoles while having many mediocre games out does that.

Now its got all the hits coming out, and is still selling tons of consoles.
Not really a gimmick or a fad, as many people are still in search of them and are demanding them.

And many still are playing with them.

4-5 years is what I give it.
No matter what the circumstances.

Yea I think it will get the usual life-span of a console.

On the other hand with the way microsoft handles the online bit and the talk nintendo held a day or 2 ago they say the wii will come to its rights in about 4 to 5 years. So this could mean that nintendo would not be developping and releasing another console in the normal period ( I'm talking about the transition from super nintendo to N64, N64 to gamecube, gamecube to Wii ) maybe nintendo is intending on keeping the wii around longer by adding a LOT of online options and channels. And maybe microsoft is doing the same.

No other consoles had an internet community/or online functions behind/in them. And what do you see with online communitys: It does not matter how old the communitys are, if there are players and new content/things to be had they keep on "Living". Just look at counterstriker and starcraft. VERY old games but still being played all over the place!

FRuMMaGe said:
As long as the good games keep coming
You took the words right out of my mouth. The Wii will continue its popular streak as long as the good games keep on flowing, and there seems to be a lot of them coming our way. :)

Byuakuya said:
You took the words right out of my mouth. The Wii will continue its popular streak as long as the good games keep on flowing, and there seems to be a lot of them coming our way. :)

Yep, a console is only as good as the games availiable.

yes now i understand the errors of my ways to question the potential of wii.

FRuMMaGe said:
Yep, a console is only as good as the games availiable.

Not entirely true.
Like I said, they sold well on Mediocre games, even outsold 360 with those mediocre games.
Now we are getting the good stuff, but I have a strong feeling that if there was a said "drought" of games in the middle of 08 it would not be a problem.
More good games would follow, and we could have mediocre games in between the beginning and the end of 08.

Kinda like the Wii's launch style, although its launch had weak titles as well, so it had mediocre games for a while.

I think the Wii is set now, with all the unreleased dates of the games we have seen previews for, the games coming out soon, the ones that will end up being mediocre and the ones we have heard nothing about.

I know a few people who bought wiis when they first came out got bored after about 2months and sold their wii. Well in the next 2months theyre going to regret selling their wii. And like FRuMMaGe said as long as the good games come out the wii wont die!

i believe this generation will be stretched a bit. if nintendo releases a hard drive there are endless things they can do for the system. they can make more and more channels. if it sells really good, developers will make more games. and nintendo will earn lots of money with the wii and they will continue the porduction of the system. but if all fails or does mediocore then i will last maybe at most 2010-2011.

NOTE: the nintendo wiidoes bring nintendo a lot of profits. overall wii sales have brought them a rounded $675,000,000. this number is rounded. and is not exact due to the wii being more pricy in some areas. but that is for a fact atleast their minimum earnings. i believe that this will give them enough money to make a lot of good games.

Back