wii media player upgrade?

937dytboi

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Wii Online Code
0496-9037-0480-5253
jus wondering it will be possible for us to get a media player upgrade for online viewing. youtude works ok but could be better. there are other sites i go to that are beta but the vids pictures dont work. some sites ask me to dowload a newer flash player but i cant. im jus wondering if nintendo has any upgrades for media player

Most likely Opera will release a new version for the Wii browser and it will support lots of additional things that do not work yet, but I don't think they have announced anything yet.

im glad you replied, you just gave me hope. Seeing that they gave us supposibly a full browser, it would have seemed there should have been a good media player but i can wait just like i waited for everything else.

Jamie here. Just to throw this out there for people wondering about the Flash version situation. The reason we don't have Flash 8-9 compatibility is because it was not available to Nintendo from Adobe in their multimedia development kits. The kits only went up to Flash 7 (which is what we have). You can bet dollars that they will update it whenever they get their 8-9 SDK's from Adobe. So yes, there will be an update.

yeah Opera on Wii only supports Flash v7. They cant add version 8 or 9 until Adobe releases the SDK. Once they do that, more websites will be more compatible.

(sorry just realized this had been posted above! ... sorry)

I was in Circuit City Yesterday and spoke to there tech people and explaned to them that I am a big baseball fan and subscribe to MLB.com which allows you to view any game that's on, (audio video) however I recently bought a wii and am unable to see video or even listen to audio using the wii. I can display the page fine. Tech support at CC told me to purchase an SD card and go to www.download.com and download "Media player light" to the SD card in the wii? First I have not be able to locate Media player light at download.com additionally has anyone ever heard of downloading to the SD card and running media player, shockwave, or flashplayer from the card when on a site requiring these players (im not to sure which player MLB.COM requires) can this be done? hope this made sense.
Echo_1 out...

Echo_1 said:
I was in Circuit City Yesterday and spoke to there tech people and explaned to them that I am a big baseball fan and subscribe to MLB.com which allows you to view any game that's on, (audio video) however I recently bought a wii and am unable to see video or even listen to audio using the wii. I can display the page fine. Tech support at CC told me to purchase an SD card and go to www.download.com and download "Media player light" to the SD card in the wii? First I have not be able to locate Media player light at download.com additionally has anyone ever heard of downloading to the SD card and running media player, shockwave, or flashplayer from the card when on a site requiring these players (im not to sure which player MLB.COM requires) can this be done? hope this made sense.
Echo_1 out...

hey im not sure about that but it may be worth the try, but for some reason i got a feeling it wont work. But if you try it and it works let us know.

Last edited:
Echo_1 said:
I was in Circuit City Yesterday and spoke to there tech people and explaned to them ....
Your mistake was asking for advice from the monkeys at Circuit City. Media player lite is a decent program but its for Windows. If you wanted a replacement media player for Windows I suggest you to use Mplayer instead. Its open source and supports any format you can throw at it, even corrupted files.

Regarding the Wii there isnt much you can do unless you want to transcode the video on the fly from your PC (which sorta defeats the purpose).

Back