Wii Mid life Crisis

Not a problem.. Buy it nows on Wii's go fast. I guess I work in symbiosis with the Fanboys, they bother their parents and they buy my Wii. I'll be honest, no other system sells like the Wii. I tried selling 360's (never bothered with PS3's, not that much markup available) but it just doesn't sell as well as the Wii does. Nintendo has a very strong market going for them and I've even considered opening a Nintendo store!

GThwaite said:
Not a problem.. Buy it nows on Wii's go fast. I guess I work in symbiosis with the Fanboys, they bother their parents and they buy my Wii. I'll be honest, no other system sells like the Wii. I tried selling 360's (never bothered with PS3's, not that much markup available) but it just doesn't sell as well as the Wii does. Nintendo has a very strong market going for them and I've even considered opening a Nintendo store!

I was thinking of flipping Wiis too GT. Any advice?

WiiSkier said:
I was thinking of flipping Wiis too GT. Any advice?

Wake up early, goto all the stores that carry them at the crack of dawn. Alot of stores will tell you when they get trucks in the night before so that's always something to look out for. Good ebay listing, and you'll be turning profit in no time. I started out with 250 and I have made that back so many times. Holiday seasons will be nice. I had to upgrade my apartment to a two bedroom just to store my Wii's in one of the rooms before they ship out.

SensesFail said:
ebay sucks (too much work to get started, lots to learn, scumbags use it, stuff like that). try selling on a different forum. special ops paintball forum has a non paintball sale section, but Wiis have not sold on there before so i wouldnt try that. i just think its easier to deal with a forum. plus theres less of a chance of getting ripped off etc. etc.

i too am bored of my wii now. im buying a 360 when i get paid in 2 weeks and itll hold me over till good games come out for wii.
Once you build up your feedback score, eBay is a great place to buy and sell items.

GThwaite said:
Wake up early, goto all the stores that carry them at the crack of dawn. Alot of stores will tell you when they get trucks in the night before so that's always something to look out for. Good ebay listing, and you'll be turning profit in no time. I started out with 250 and I have made that back so many times. Holiday seasons will be nice. I had to upgrade my apartment to a two bedroom just to store my Wii's in one of the rooms before they ship out.

That's the only reason I was thinking of doing it. The holiday season has gotta be sick for makin a ton of cash. I can't think of a better way to invest $250.

Wii_tastic said:
I tried all three of the settings but I guess I don't really prefer aiming with the stick. It gets annoying having to be so concentrated on aiming. And I'm not to sure if I want to keep a system that I'm going to have to constantly update with 50 dollar games. My pockets aren't exactly that deep. But anyways, Gthwaite please PM me with some info on selling on ebay. Thanks for your help man. I could use the money

If you get a 360 or PS3, your gonna have to keep updating it with 60 dollar games...but it's your choice! Sell it on ebay if you wanna sell it. ^_^

My 360 is getting my utmost attention compared to the Wii.

The Wii is a fun console, but I'd like to see some more games that attract the hardcore gamers. Thus far, every game I've played on the Wii is way to easy.

I bought the Wii for SSBB, Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid Prime, and Mario Galaxy. All the others that have come out do not catch my attention at all.

Torchik said:
If you get a 360 or PS3, your gonna have to keep updating it with 60 dollar games...but it's your choice! Sell it on ebay if you wanna sell it. ^_^

Even though this is a good point, I'm sure the poster would want to buy $60 that he enjoys then buying something for $50 that he tends to get bored of =P.

Wii started out well, but let's see how they respond after their success.

[DT] said:
Stay in school. Don't do drugs.

And seriously dude, stop spamming on these boards. I saw your post earlier about GT selling consoles...well he's right. I actually used to convinced my parents to do this. Each of us would buy a console and sell it on Ebay and maybe grab about 2k-3k profit. Back then Xboxs were going for about $600-$650 on Ebay around launch day and we also used to sell PSP's, but that didn't turn out so pretty x.x..

Last edited:
I one day plan on getting a 360. That means I'll also keep my Wii. Why the hell would I choose one over the other when I could have both? I'm waiting for MGS4, FF13 to launch on the 360. I'm in no rush.

If I bought any console, and hated it, I mean to the point where I wanted to sell it, I'd punch myself for being so stupid to blow so much money. I don't know how you guys spend your money, but I buy carefully.

sagema said:
I one day plan on getting a 360. That means I'll also keep my Wii. Why the hell would I choose one over the other when I could have both? I'm waiting for MGS4, FF13 to launch on the 360. I'm in no rush.

If I bought any console, and hated it, I mean to the point where I wanted to sell it, I'd punch myself for being so stupid to blow so much money. I don't know how you guys spend your money, but I buy carefully.

Lol why would you feel stupid? He MADE money on his purchase selling it to some dumb mom on Ebay. I think you should feel stupid for saying he "blew" money when he actually made it.

RivalDestiny said:
And seriously dude, stop spamming on these boards.

Easy there tiger.

My posts are hardly spam - while I may take a few opportunities to bring a little levity into some threads I think I've made some reasonable contributions in my short time here - even the posts that may seem slightly nonsensical are usually by design.

I thought GThwaite's post about managing to leverage the demand for Wii's into a business model that was superior to his "formal" occupation was pretty funny, in a positive context. Did you not get this? He seems like a big boy that can handle himself, so he must have understood.

For record, I don't need some dissertation about profitability models of buying in-demand products and reselling them.

Now take a deep breath and relax :yesnod:

~DT

GThwaite said:
First off, I don't believe you've ever owned a 360. I owned the moon, but then i just decided to own earth instead. See how easy it was to say that? Alot of fanboys try to lower another systems rank by saying they didn't enjoy the system and sold it for another system. How do I know this? My little brother does it all the time, he post on here and i've read his post and they're all lies. I'm not going to say his name cause he's my brother but still, he's a fanboy. I'm sorry I never even said I was referring to you anyways so how about you chill out bud. I don't have a problem with the wii, I gave the one I used to use to my little brother so now I play it just when I go home. However I do recognize that the system just doesn't have the kind of games I want. I love playing the mini games and I got to mess around with metroid a bit which was very fun, but I really just prefer to play halo 3 online right now. I'll probrably have to open up another Wii when Mario and SSBB comes out but I'm just waiting on it to gather a nice collection of games before I add it to my cramped space anyways.

okay ill chill out. i admit i was a bit heated. but seriously, dont refer to me as a fanboy because im a girl. second of all i dont care if you dont believe me, but i had an xbox360 for 29 days and returned it on amazon under "Product did not reach expectations." maybe there are some little kid fanboys here that lie about crap like that but i dont. anyway this is stupid. enjoy your gaming.

Back