Wii mote suddenly not working correctly!

pluto2

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Hi!

Has anyone experienced this?

Suddenly the wii mote doesn't working properly. Everything SEEMS to be working correctly but when playing bowling in wii sports the ball always curve to the left even if I twist the wiimote HARD to the right. THis never happened before, it just started acting like this all of a sudden. I have 2 wiimotes, both act the same way now so it's not in the controls. Any ideas? Tried reconnecting them with no success. Al other games seems to be working but then again I haven't tried any other game that involves the TWIST off the wiimote.

Ideas? Don't tell me to bring it back to the store, there are no new wii's here for months and months and the same things goes fore repairing I'm sure!

Kristian

Wii Sports bowling has a directional fix built in. If there is on pin on the left side of the lane and you try to spin in right, it will still go to the left. I know the first time I heard this I thought it was someone attention seeking but try it yourself, you'll find it impossible to aim away from the pin. When I realised it was true I was disappointed and it took a lot of shine away from Wii Sports bowling.

So your Wiimote is fine. Don't worry.

That's horrible if it's true! but none-the-less it won't solve my problem anyway really because the same thing happens when I have a full set of pins to know down, it always goes left even if I try to twist the remote right. I know this didn't happen before.

Mine Always Does That!
I Don't Mind Though... It's Either The Calibration Is Slightly Off, Or Its Meant To Do That For More Of A Challenge Instead Of Being Able To Throw It Straight.

For a challange? Just tell me how to hit a pin on the right when I can't spin anything but constant left? That can't be the case, like I said, it wasn't like this before, and I've tried playing with other mii's etc so no, that's not it.
How do I fix the calibration then? This makes bowling unplayable, it's a big deal to me ;)

Maybe it is just my game but I can do this just fine. Everyone says it is in the game but I can spin either direction at will, despite the pin setup.

It's a real annoying feature to be honest.
I wish it didn't have that.
Then Bowling would have been much more realistic and a bit more of a challenge.

well, I don't know about the direction fix but it won't help me since the same situation is there with a full set of 10 pins.

Pull the plug on your Wii and pull the batteries out of the wiimote. Then put it all back together again and see what happens.

that was actually a good idea, I'm gonna try that and see what happens.

I've tried the idea of pulling out the power and batteries but that didn't make any difference.

After alot of analyzing it seems that I can curve the ball left or right BUT It's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to make a straight shot, not even nearly straight, it's absolutely impossible and I know that I certainly made straight shots before, also if I'd like a curve shot it's highly erratic now compared to how it used to be. Something must have happened, I just don't undetstand WHAT. I haven't dropped the wii or crashed the wiimote into something etc, I haven't done anything, just turned out like this all of a sudden. I'm thinking about whatever it can be an system update that made this behavior but I guess others would have the same problem then.

Any other ideas? anyone? I'm out of ideas!

Call Nintendo. They are really understanding about things and will probably either fix it for you or send you a brand new one.

well I've contacted nintendo US for general information about the problem but perhaps I should get in contact with my local swediosh nintendo. I don't prefer that way out however as I'm pretty sure they will either want to repair the unit or have me waiting for a new one to replace it, and either method would likely result in a wait measured in months. BUt well, maybe that's the only way.

I'm still open for other suggestions... ?!

Kristian

It may sound silly, but have you checked to make sure your sensor bar is set up right? Is it centred and over the edge of the TV and not behind the edge? Have you tried changing the sensitivity settings in the System settings or made sure it was set up right for "on top of TV" or "below TV"?

Doesn't anything to do with the sensor bar. You can check the remote by just paying attention to the hand on the screen as well. When the remote is level (side to side) the hand should be straight up and down. If not, you're remote is messed up.

Back