Wii online game playing

n8rtw

WiiChat Member
Aug 31, 2007
My son and I just purchased our Wii. I now have it connected to my wireless network.

I have seen a lot of posts here on the forums about not being able to play online with each other.

What's up with that? That is one of the fun things to do with our xbox. Does anyone know if they plan on adding this feature or how long it will be until they do?

it doesn't look too good. mario strikers charged has online multiplayer and i believe super smash brothers will as well. I believe I have read somewhere on this forum that nintendo isn't allowing 3rd party game developers to make games with online multiplayer until at least next year. this is my biggest gripe about the wii, especially if they are gonna put a wireless connection in it.

hogstralia said:
I believe I have read somewhere on this forum that nintendo isn't allowing 3rd party game developers to make games with online multiplayer until at least next year.

That information is incorrect and always was.

There is already at least one 3rd party online game (Madden 08) and at least one more will be out before the end of the year.

Is Nintendo planning on developing a Mariokart for the Wii? And if so, does anyone know if it is going to include an online multiplayer mode?

Also mysims will be online so ive heard from a person that works at gamestop so yea its 3rd party but it was made for the wii and/or ds

Mario Strikers Charged is one game that fully supports online play at the moment. I am sure that more and more games will be released with online functionality as time goes on.

Back