wii play

I was watching a trailer of Wiiplay on Gametrailers.com. And at the wiiplay menu selection screen, I saw these games:
Fishing
Ping Pong
Air Hockey
Aiming(shooting balloons)
Find Mii
Pool(billiards)
Jump Hurdles(while riding on cows)
Tank Game
1 more I cannot identify.

I have it. The table tennis is very very fun, buts its not a scoring system, you have to try and get as many rallies as possible. after every 10 (10, 20, 30 etc) the speed of the game quickens and more mii' crowd round to watch you. The shooting game is also fun. I havent tried them all out yet but the wii remote costs £30 and wii play with a remote cost me £35. Well worth the £5 IMO.

I have it, and it's not really that great. Even in two player mode, the only game with replayability is the electric hockey tbh.

I don't think it's even designed as a game to be played over and over again - even in game, Nintendo treat each stage as a lesson... it's basically a tool to get you more confident with using your wiimote, as each stage makes you do something different with the wiimote, such as twisting it, moving it nearer and farer to the TV set, or pointing and clicking.

It's not a bad purchase with a bundled wiimote, but there's no way I'd buy it as a standalone game, as I can't see myself playing it in a month's time.

epikon said:
I have it. The table tennis is very very fun, buts its not a scoring system, you have to try and get as many rallies as possible. after every 10 (10, 20, 30 etc) the speed of the game quickens and more mii' crowd round to watch you. The shooting game is also fun. I havent tried them all out yet but the wii remote costs £30 and wii play with a remote cost me £35. Well worth the £5 IMO.

Agreed, if it hadn't come with the wiimote I wouldn't have given it another look in but I thought to myself "Hey self, if we get this its some decent minigames for £5 as you were getting another remote and 'chuk anyway" and I thought back "That's some good thinking"

Wait... not even pool and duckhunt are fun enough to play again? That saddens me.. I was REALLY looking forward to this one..

Does it have the skill/pro type thing??

Naish said:
Wait... not even pool and duckhunt are fun enough to play again? That saddens me.. I was REALLY looking forward to this one..

Does it have the skill/pro type thing??

It has no skill/pro thing that I'm aware of, and they're not really games, just little exercises to get used to the wimote.

The shooting stage just gives you a few things to shoot at over 5 stages: Balloons, discs, targets etc. Occasionally a couple of ducks fly past, but this is NOT duckhunt. It's not open ended - you get a set amount of targets over a set amount of stages and then it's over, so it's not really like a game.

The pool/billiards thing I skimmed over because I found it really tedious. Basically, you have to hit the balls in the pockets in numerical order, and you get deducted points for foul shots. You get given a points total after you hit every ball, and then it's stage over. It's barely a game.

I didn't know that the US had to wait for Wii Play. It's fun! The games are:
  • Shooting Range
  • Find Mii
  • Table Tennis
  • Pose Mii
  • Laser Hockey
  • Billiards
  • Fishing
  • Charge!
  • Tanks!
Shooting Range is great it reminds me of Duck Hunt. Tanks! is a cool little game and reminds me of the NES era too. Good fun.

Leirith said:
I didn't know that the US had to wait for Wii Play. It's fun! The games are:
  • Shooting Range
  • Find Mii
  • Table Tennis
  • Pose Mii
  • Laser Hockey
  • Billiards
  • Fishing
  • Charge!
  • Tanks!
Shooting Range is great it reminds me of Duck Hunt. Tanks! is a cool little game and reminds me of the NES era too. Good fun.

This sounds fun!

But it is not out in the US? Has anyone heard when it will be?

Back