wii pointer Jerky.Please help me

doctorecs

Do a barrel roll.Do it!Do
Dec 2, 2006
This is not a huge problem but it gets annoying after a while and can efect the gameplay.Ok so when i twist the wii remote the cursor goes shooting all over and there apears to be 2 cursors flickering.I usualy sit about mabey 10 feet from the tv on the couch and even though im like 13 i have a bad back so it hurts to stand still for more than a minute.Is there anyway to make it more acurate without moving closer to the screen?:tard:

It would be great if you could get the sensor bar closer to you...put it on a stand or something.

i dont know where our stand is and plus i dont like that cuzz its not like your pointing at the tv.

If you're being sarcastic, I'm sorry I can't help you. >.> I have the same back problem as you (I'm 15 though), but I work out and play sports all the time, so it's gotten a bit better. I have a couch, however, very close to my TV, so I have no problems...I would suggest either 1) Moving your couch closer, 2) Getting a chair and moving it closer, 3) Moving both your TV closer to the couch, and the couch closer to the TV.

Can't really think of anything else.

I had the same problem. I fixed it by making sure the sensor bar is parallel to the tv. it was a little angled and it caused a jumping/doubled cursor

Have you tried changing the sensor bar sensitivity setting to see if that helps?

you can "calibrate" it too or something. there's some settings for it in the menu if i remember. used it once and havent messed with it since. best bet is to get closer to the sensor bar somehow.

First, the verb is "affect".

Second, it's most likely other IR sources. Play in the dark and see if it happens.

I had the same problem and we just adjusted the sensor bar sensitivity and it helps...if you go to the Wii menu and then "sensor bar" and then "sensitivity", you can move the numbers up or down until it is more stable...try that, it may work.

Position the sensor bar below the tv of you haven't already, then change the sensor bar postion in settings. This worked well for me when I set the wii up at a mates house.

Or if it's on top of the screen, try placing the little black strip which is at the front of the sensor bar about 2 or 3 centre metres from the front of the of the tv (about half an inch if you don't use the metric system). This was the very first problem I encountered with the wii, it was easily solved.

ok killi i will try setting it back a few inches.I gotta go to bed soon though so i will try it tommarow!:p

you may also want to try that little stand thing that came for the sensor bar. It isn't needed if you have it right at the front of the TV, but sometimes the extra clearance can help the remote detect the IR lights better.

Its on top on the tv right in the middle and the front.I noticed it works better when im like 5 feet from the tv.I will probably just move a chair up when i need to use the pointer.

Back