wii points card dillema

Skippy said:
What specifically do you fear will happen?

You're much more likely to get your card number stolen when using your credit card in a regular retail store or restaurant. Online transactions use encrypted connections between two systems, and most of the time, no human is even involved in the transaction or ever sees your card information.

Seriously, shopping online is probably the safest way to use your credit card.
i am with you on that one.:yesnod:

I'm afraid of getting my credit card number stolen. My husband is into Locksmithing. He bought stuff off of a "secure" locksmithing website. His number was stolen and we had crazy stuff getting charged to us. It's good to be cautious.

That was the one and only time we'll just put our credit card online. I haven't had any problems with paypal and I've been using it for years.

Smurfette said:
I'm afraid of getting my credit card number stolen. My husband is into Locksmithing. He bought stuff off of a "secure" locksmithing website. His number was stolen and we had crazy stuff getting charged to us. It's good to be cautious.

It was probably an employee of the website business that took your number.

It's not that easy to intercept your number being sent from your computer to their website (it's technically possible to do, but it's far easier for thieves to get card numbers by other means).

No chances taken for me, ill wait for Wii Point Card and be stubborn...ill just play SOCOM 2 while i wait....:devil:

u can find A TON of places that sell wii point cards onine.

uhh...

look at all these places

All of em take american express and most of the first few are very legitimate companies. If you are really in need of wii points and need those VC games, serious, pull your head out and buy a card from an online seller *other than ebay that inflates the price*. I can't believe you need someone to tell you this. :lol: think man

i got a wii points card yesterday at toys r us. That was the one store i didnt think of and when i did, they had them... I got mario kart 64 and it rocks!

Just buy from nintendo, there 100% safe. Just think about it, your buying from NINTENDO :crazy: . Buy it from some guy on ebay means there is a 50/50 chance that it's a scam. Anyway, walmart, Gamestop, etc always has it in stock. If you can't find one check another, and oh yeah just use the phone and call. Go to www.yellowpages.com and search for you local department/video games stores.

Smurfette said:

That's why you should buy from only reputable sites w/ established/known businesses. The "locksmithing site" you reference sounds like a small mom/pop shop. Places like Nintendo/Amazon and others are much less likely to have insecurity or faked security on their site.

Also, you're more likely to have your number swiped at a retail store or restaurant. (How many times have you watched the waiter/waitress take your card out of view at a restaurant. Also, are you sure it was your waiter/waitress that took your card off the table?)

i'm not shure why anyone would want to pay $25 for a card loaded with only $20 worth of wii points. The point cards are going for $25 where I live. Seems a bit assinine to waste 5 dollars on a peice of plastic. Also the whole wii points system is made to KEEP kids from using it, so if your a kiddie on here looking to figure out how to get mario kart 64 without a credit card, tough. Wii shopping channel ain't for unsupervised kiddies. :hand:

Back