Wii power supply question

ChrisG

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2007
Hey guys, I bought a wii in American and brought it back to Ireland because I was told by the sales person that it would work if I got a travel plug.. so I set it up this morning and plugged it into the converter.. It blew up.. I'm hoping it was just the power cord that blew.. now for my question.. If I was to buy a power cord here in Ireland, would it work on the American wii?

ChrisG said:
So I can't purchase a uk power lead? there is a smell from the cord, not the Wii..would that matter?
No you can't. The logic is that the USA Power Supply is 12V and your Europien is 24V and your cord blew up because it didn't match our power supply ,now that I think about it your Wii maybe didn't blow but still you need an universal AC ,with a UK power cord (220V) you will blow it up ,and this time the Wii itself.

XLaw said:
No you can't. The logic is that the USA Power Supply is 12V and your Europien is 24V and your cord blew up because it didn't match our power supply ,now that I think about it your Wii maybe didn't blow but still you need an universal AC ,with a UK power cord (220V) you will blow it up ,and this time the Wii itself.
No problem, thank you for your help, I'll just purchase another power cord, thank you so much for you rhelp :)

Hope you realize that unless you do something illegal, all your games will have to come from America, as the console is region locked. And I hope you are planning on using an HDTV, because standard TV's are different between the US (NTSC) and Europe (PAL).

andynoz50 said:
Hope you realize that unless you do something illegal, all your games will have to come from America, as the console is region locked. And I hope you are planning on using an HDTV, because standard TV's are different between the US (NTSC) and Europe (PAL).
Yeah, thats fine, I go to America a few times a year anyway.. The games are cheaper too. The TV isnt a problem either :D

Back