Wii price cut??

kmcheng

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
Heard a rumor that Nintendo is going to have a price cut in spring next year, pretty much like what the apple did to the iphone.
True?

i doubt it. why cut it if its selling well. the only reason for a cut is to increase demand.

as it stands theres only a 20 dollar difference between the arcade 360 and the wii. i think it's over priced now that the other consoles have both come down significantly. but on the other hand it would be stupid on nintendos part to cut it when so many people still are looking for one. lol, end of next year the 360 will cost less then the wii, just watch.

i hope wii gets a price cut and maybe handle the bottle necking issue in their facory more people have the wii the more games that will come out
and hopefully better ones too

Nintendo themselves said no price cut until supply can start meeting demand. It's so bad they pulled ads in Europe. A price cut will probably happen in mid to late 2008 when they start shipping 3-4 million units a month.

Pikachu256 said:
False....Unless You Have A Website Link Proving So.
The Wii Demand Is Too High To Have A Price Cut.
That is exactly why a price cut is very unlikely now or in the near future.

There wont be a price cut or even talks of one untill around its third year. Its no point to cut the price. Its $250 is the lowest priced console on the market, its competitors have to lower its price to compete with its price range. Its sold out every where, so why lower the price for something that is selling as is. Lowering the price wouldnt benifit them it would actually do harm. If they cant keep consoles on the shelves now then if they were to knock the price down then they realy wouldnt be able to keep up with demand. It will likely stay this price for another two years if they even drop the price. I personally don't see them doing that unless they drop the price of the ds too. It just wouldnt make sense to have your console almost the same price as your hand held.

I can't foresee a price cut coming to the Wii anytime soon. The reasons for that are of course as mentioned above for the most part.

It is simple economics at this current time, it's supply and demand. As long as there is a demand for the Wii and they are selling them as fast as they can make them, there is no need to lower the price. Only when it gets to the point that sales drop off, and it would have to drop a lot, would they lower it.

Also, if you compare the other consoles in the market, and what they have done, you will get a better idea of how this will work out. The Xbox was the first to market, and it lasted 2 years before they made a price cut. This was of course to try and cut into the Wii sales a little, and to increase their sales that had dropped off. The PS3 on the other hand dropped after 1 year because their sales have been in a slump since the beginning.

There was a report out that estimates that the demand for Wii's and the production would not level out till April of '08. If that is true, and you can start finding them on shelves all the time, I would say you may, at the earliest see a price cut next Holiday season to increase sales.

Back