Wii price cut??

This is the most stup*d question I've seen! First of all, you would be extremely lucky if you can find a Wii now and even at $300 price mark. So more likely, it will be still a little hard to find Wii spring next year. On the contrary, I heard that Nintendo might even increase the price to $279.99. You should take Economics class to learn about Supply & Demand. The only reason Nintendo would think about cutting the price is when both Microsoft & Sony cut the price on their consoles by another $100 more. As for the iPhone, it's a different story because the price was ridiculously high, most expensive phone on the market. And for Wii, it's the cheapest console on the market. Do you know what you were talking about?

Johndoe01 said:
This is the most stup*d question I've seen! First of all, you would be extremely lucky if you can find a Wii now and even at $300 price mark. So more likely, it will be still a little hard to find Wii spring next year. On the contrary, I heard that Nintendo might even increase the price to $279.99. You should take Economics class to learn about Supply & Demand. The only reason Nintendo would think about cutting the price is when both Microsoft & Sony cut the price on their consoles by another $100 more. As for the iPhone, it's a different story because the price was ridiculously high, most expensive phone on the market. And for Wii, it's the cheapest console on the market. Do you know what you were talking about?

hold that thought
the supply these days is way higher these days. Just check out half.com, ebay or craigslist, somehow the price drop from around $450 up to the beginning of Dec all the way to $3xx, some even lower than $300. Even in amazon, price drop from nearly $500 to just a little more than $400. Check these sites out yourself if you don't believe me, I keep checking the trading price of Wii these weeks since I want to selling some for profit also. I don't know what happened. May be like some people said, Nintendo increased supply?
I got 3 of them, and are forced to sell them just $30 more than MSRP, since I don't know what will happen after Dec. The heat and the over of holiday season may not favor selling Wii for profit.

And, easy, dude, this is just a question. I have seem questions and posts wayyyyyy more stupid than this one, but still tons of people are replying.

The price is gonna drop? Really? Well I have an igloo in Florida I'd like to sell you.

The iPhone's price drop because the demand was low, the price was high, and they had to much supplies. We has to much demand, not enough supplies, and the price is already low, no need to lower the price, at all, if it did I would be very surprised, I wouldn't expect a real price drop, excluding store sales, for another year and a half.

Well the thing is, Nintendo plans on catching up with demand by April of 2008.
So if they manage to do that, and ship out 3-4 million units like mentioned above, we may see a cut. If that doesn't happen we won't.

Nintendo is aiming for April though, we should wait to see if it happens.

If not, a price cut will come, much earlier than its third year like someone stated previously. I would say closer to the end of next year is when the price will go down, especially if people are not looking for one as badly as they were this year, they will need to do something to garner interest if need be, so a price cut would seem fitting in that case.

Nintendo is including a free puppy with every Wii for 2008.

Next year Microsoft and Sony both plan on doing another price drop. Nintendo will follow. The president himself said they will do what it takes to maintain a lead. The Wii can, unlike the 360 and PS3 afford a price drop and still make profit. Afterall it's just two GCs taped together, at least that's what the fan boys call it.

I predict mid to end of 2008 for all 3 console price drops.

Last edited:
The Wii is not getting a price cut Nintendo has already stated this and it will not until its no longer selling which wont be for a couple years

Link_of_Hyrule said:
The Wii is not getting a price cut Nintendo has already stated this and it will not until its no longer selling which wont be for a couple years

Well the thing is when there is a few months where big games are not released, demand for the console will die down. A price cut will come much earlier than a few years, trust me. Like I said, if the interest is dying down, best way to pick it up is to lower the price.

And like sagema said, the Wii is the one console that can still make good profit when the price is cut.

Back