wii remote sideways not working :-(

skinteedee

WiiChat Member
Feb 2, 2008
I'm cryinnnnnnnnnnng and PO'd!!! :mad2:

I have games like Super Mario and 3 and Pacman, but holding my remote sideway doesn't work. Only buttons that respond are down arrow (left) and the 1 button.

I tried reconnecting my wiimotes and that still didn't work.

Someone please help me. I've looked eveywhere online, and I still didn't find anything.

Is it supposed to work and its just not working? Or is this your first time trying?

I didn't know you could use it side-ways for VC games like that, though I had hoped you could.

I know you can use Gamecube controllers or Classic Wii Remotes.

@T3kNi9e - There are some VC games where you're supposed to be able to use the remote sideways as a controller, it usually specifies in the description before you download. :D

@skinteedee - Have you tried re-synchonizing the remotes? I forget how to un-synch them (you should do that first, probably; Google it), but you synch them by pressing the red button near the SD card slot and then the red button near the batteries in the back. Also, try a different remote to make sure it isn't a problem with that remote, and if you have anything connected to the remote, unplug them. Lastly, maybe try switching batteries too? :p

these are VC game we are talking about? if so click the home button look at controles maybe they are differnt to what you think they are if not ur wii mote is kinda broked=D

Also I think his batteries are loose. Making use the batteries are snug helps. If you can play excite truck then some thing else is wrong. While on the subject I'm hoping for nes and snes controllers real soon! DID you know that the old school SNK controllers are coming out for the neogeo games too!

batteries should be your problem if it works on other stuff turing it sideways should make it that loose it wont work

Back