Wii remote not working

241 boi

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
i am soooooooooo annoyed right now i really love this wii because hardly neone else i no has it and now the stupid remote wont work. I have tried the battery thing -- and dont start on that red button sync start because i think i have messed that up.

HELP nothing works its just that the screen comes up fine but u cant even see the wii arrow when i go to press a button it just flashes at the bottom. whats wrong?
help!:sad: :frown2: :nonod:

many thanks,
241 boi!

It took me three times to read that. Try using some puncuation next time.

I dont really understand what your trying to say. When you turn the machine on and it asks you to press "A" on the very first screen, does it work?

sorry about that its called slang maybe you have not seen that before. no it doesn't work when i try to press "A"

There, edited it up for you.

And I believe you just need to sync it. From what it sounds, you completely UN-synced it if you held the red button down.

If you held the red button down, and didn't re-sync it, take the battery cover off the wii remote, and then expose the big red button on the wii behind the SD card slot thing.

Press the red button on the wii, then press the button on the wiimote (THE RED BUTTONS).

I never had to hold the buttons for mine, though.

After that, don't press any buttons and wait for the squares at the bottom to stop flashing.

Viola, fixed, if it's the problem I'm thinking it is.

If it doesn't even respond to "a" button then you need to synch it up again. Push the synch button on the Wii consol (while its on) and then wait a brief second and press the synch button on the controller.
Then give the two a moment to connect (in other words dont go pressing buttons immediately).
Let us know if it still doesn't work.

^^^Looks like hes a faster typer than me.:sick:

But i am not sure if it is synced or un-synced

241 boi said:
sorry about that its called slang maybe you have not seen that before.

No, thats not slang actually....I believe that is lack of the ability to correctly form a paragraph

Translation in slang: You ain't able to type.

Kyle For Me Your A Bloody Genious! It Worked
Thanks To Everyone Else That Helped Me! I Really Appreciate It :d:d:d:d:d:d

Press the Sync button on your remote till all the lights on the bottom start blinking.

Then press the Sync button on the Wii near the SD slot. It's in the manuel and the manuel also mentions that your remote is automatically synced with your Wii when it comes in the box. If you are connecting to a different Wii or it's a different remote you need to sync it to that Wii.

Read the manuel it's not that hard

If that does not work contact Nintendo Tech support and check with them about a possible defective remote.

*edited*
Heh posted too late I guess. But hey it's on the board for more info I guess;) Oh and for the first few weeks the manuel is your bible.

its ok match002001 its working fine now thanks anyway!:D

btw blipsten this is the internet for god sake hardly anyone cares and i am the best in my I.T Class so dont you go telling me how i should type i know how i should type! but while i am at home i cant be bothered doing that oops i forgot to put the apostrophe in cant! i am going to apologize and i did say sorry above why cant you apologize so here

Sorry :( i do mean it sorry

241 boi said:
its ok match002001 its working fine now thanks anyway!:D

No worries but it's always good to look at the manuel, then search the board for someone having the same issue, then make a post. It gets solved a little bit faster that way :D But glad it's working :D

Thanks for the heads up! i'm gonna log off now and thanks to everyone who helped me!!!! i really appreciate it

No worries and thank you for choosing Wii. Here at WiiChat we strive to serve our other board members with respect and give them the feeling that that actually mean something to us.

What a crock of shiot....

Back