Wii Shop Channel

jimmy coop

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
I'm trying to get into the Wii shop channel but, my Wii will never leave this screen. It stays like that forever, I eventually get tired of waiting and turn it off. I have recieved all of the updates and everything, with only a few errors, but I finally got them to work. I am connected wirelessly, this is driving me insane. Thanks for any help.
DSC00032.jpg

think about how many new wii owners are browsing and purchasing today, i'm having the same type of trouble but it's at the credit card screen, sometimes the keypad won't pop up, sometimes the OK/BACK buttons aren't there.

I think it's just lag on the server, everyone is using it.

Your friend codes will authenticate in a day or so, just give it some time.

Well I hope it fixes soon, I would like to play some old school games.

Try doing a connection test withen the settings menu to reset it. Sometimes if the Wii or your Router gets turned off, you have to reset the internet connection by doing a test.

Yah i'm also having this problem, I let it try to connect for 30 minutes but no luck. There must be alot of people using this channel, the servers probably all jacked up. I did some trouble shooting and the internet on the wii is working fine, connection tests work, fully up to date, and I can connect through the opera browser with no lag at all. We will just have to keep trying until the server is working again :< GL2 U guys.

Well atleast I'm not the only one with this problem, thanks to you all that's trying to help.

If You Use Wireless:

I have a very important reply to this that probably will fix your problem. I WAS connecting to Shop only once out of every 10 tries, and the speed being very slow when I was connected. I did a LOT of troubleshooting, and found out that I was not using the optimal wireless channel on my router. (ok, this may not be important if you don't use wireless).

So, I went into my router config and changed it to the channels suggested by nintendo.com (channels 1 or 11, I believe, I chose 1). Since the very second I simply switched channels, it now takes me about 20 seconds to connect to the Shop Channel and screen load times are about 2-5 seconds.

i had all the same issues as you guys til i did this...lemme know if it works

Feel free to add me!

NjD00 said:
I have a very important reply to this that probably will fix your problem. I WAS connecting to Shop only once out of every 10 tries, and the speed being very slow when I was connected. I did a LOT of troubleshooting, and found out that I was not using the optimal wireless channel on my router. (ok, this may not be important if you don't use wireless).

So, I went into my router config and changed it to the channels suggested by nintendo.com (channels 1 or 11, I believe, I chose 1). Since the very second I simply switched channels, it now takes me about 20 seconds to connect to the Shop Channel and screen load times are about 2-5 seconds.

How do you config your router?

Back