Wii Skin + Standby = Overheating?

ciper

May 1, 2007
▐▄█▀█▄▌
After reading the forums for a while I see some people worried about the console getting hot while in standby mode. Since the fan does not run while in standby much of the cooling is through convection. With the skin installed that is another transition for the heat to pass through which should insulate the system right?

I am not personally worried about overheating and I would never buy a skin but I wanted to see what you thought.

I have a launch Wii with a skin (since Christmas) and everything is fine...don't worry....

:wink:

The wii case is just plastic. Adding more plastic isn't going to make a difference. The heat is generated internally and blown out.

vagrant said:
The wii case is just plastic. Adding more plastic isn't going to make a difference. The heat is generated internally and blown out.

True. Cheap phenolic spacers are made of plastics. But the fan doesnt run when in standby and the heat gets trapped because of the location of the intake/exhaust.

ciper said:
True. Cheap phenolic spacers are made of plastics. But the fan doesnt run when in standby and the heat gets trapped because of the location of the intake/exhaust.

Yes and a paper-thin thing of vinyl isn't going to make a difference. None of the vent holes are covered up.

Back