Wii sports bowling issue

erty

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2008
I have an issue with wii sports bowling and I want to see if others have it as well.

If I swing really fast and release the B button when the remote is roughly pointing away from me and on the level of my eyes then the ball drops and I get the tutorial screen that shows up if you accidentally tap the B button (the one that briefly explains how to play). Then I need to swing again. If I release the B button higher or lower then it throws the ball normally.

Does this happen to anyone else?

You should be able to release the B button at any point along your forward swing. If you stop swinging before releasing the button, you'll probably have a problem like that.

just release B at the lowest point of your swing, then guide the wiimote to guide the ball to the pins

Just had some more experimentation with the issue and I think that it happens when you release the B button but your hand keeps swinging quickly.

Try it yourselves, make a long, fast swing and release the B button in the middle of it. Which means you should keep swinging after you release the button, your hand ending high up in the air. Don't put any spin on it, just swing straight and fast. The ball will drop and you'll get the tutorial screen.

That's pretty annoying. Can someone confirm it happens universally and it's not just my remote?

Back