Issue with Wii Sports freezing

5eneca

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2008
Hello everyone. I've had my Wii now for roughly 6 months and haven't had any problems with it. Today I was trying to play the Wii sports games that come with the console and ran into an issue. When I first purchased the Wii I made two Miis and had no issue playing to player games.

Today I created two new Miis, so i had a total of 4, and then proceeded to delete one of the originals. After setting two new Miis to the "favorite" option I expected to be able to use those two in a Wii sports game of bowling. I went to enter the game and got to the option to select how many players you wished to have in the game. More than 10 different times I selected the 2 player option only to have my console proceed to tell me one of the Miis had been deleted, which i already knew, and would not be able to use it. Hitting the "A" button as instructed the console "froze". This occurred about 10 times.

I thought perhaps the disc was messed up, took it out, examined it for scratches (of which I found none). I then went back in and selected the two player option and had no issue playing bowling or golf. I played it for a good hour in single player with us all taking turns so it obviously wasn't a hardware or disc problem. Any suggestions? And yes, I had both controllers on when trying to player as well as "assigning" Miis to each.

I would suggest making several new Miis and let your system know you have multiple players to choose from

you could also post this problem on the technical forum on nintendo.com

apparently mine did that when i wasn't home it's only happned twice since christmas 2006, it's just a bug/glitche nothing to worry about, it only happens on wii sports too, maybe removing/adding new players on wii sports might fix it, or try "bamawii's" approach

Back