Wii Sports Network Play

chessaholic said:
Im pretty sure that Battalion Wars 2, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros Brawl are confirmed, probably mario strikers. Mario Kart will presumably be online, and im assuming that the next timesplitters will be. Also, i would like to see an online multiplayer with Metroid Prime 3. Perhaps something similar with the one on the DS, except with much better graphics.
hmmm well that could be possible because mp3 wont be finished till 2007 soo maybe online play maybe nintendo prolonged it so they could get retro to make multiplayer online

ben1983 said:
this is very disappointing. This would've been a great feature, playing against other people over the network.
Does anyone know whether you'll definately be able to play Wii Sports over the internet ever? Or just games released in 2007.
Sounds to me as if Nintendo have rushed this to get it out before Christmas.

Nintendo is still doing something with their online component, probably fixing glitches and stuff. It's not just the games released in 2007 that will get online play (and probably not all games released in 2007 will have online play). It will be available for developers in January 2007. So developers can add a multiplayer component to the games that came out before 2007 through Connect24. A simple patch and stuff will make it online. We don't know if developers will add the online part in 2007 but they can. What's so great about it is that they can update the game and add new stuff through Connect24.

yup that sounds more like it, in an interview nintendo said that they might put up a leaderboard for wiisports in the future, like who has the most homeruns or w/e that would be pretty cool :p

COLDshiver said:
Nintendo is still doing something with their online component, probably fixing glitches and stuff. It's not just the games released in 2007 that will get online play (and probably not all games released in 2007 will have online play). It will be available for developers in January 2007. So developers can add a multiplayer component to the games that came out before 2007 through Connect24. A simple patch and stuff will make it online. We don't know if developers will add the online part in 2007 but they can. What's so great about it is that they can update the game and add new stuff through Connect24.
Ok i was wondering about that..because red Steel is supost to be online and yeah

COLDshiver said:
It will be available for developers in January 2007. So developers can add a multiplayer component to the games that came out before 2007 through Connect24. A simple patch and stuff will make it online.

Ahh this is great news. I knew that the games comming out would not have multiplayer but i never thought that it would be upgradeable to multiplayer thru the connect24. thanks for that im even more excited for wii sports now!

It's not gaurenteed that Wii sports will have online play, just that the developers could add a multiplayer component. I would prefer to have it though, it'd be cool

Back