Wii Sports Tennis help

Robmonster

WiiChat Member
May 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
0920-9738-7735-9861
Hi there,

I've seen the computer players put side spin on the ball. How do you do that as I cannot get it to happen.

Also, is there a way to play singles or is it always doubles. Was playing against s friend last night as we just wanted singles.

RM

I've got the top spin down, but can't seem to slice.

When the ball comes to your strong side (left for lefties, etc.), swing the wiimote with the buttons facing the same direction as your palm and as you connect with the ball, twist your wrist so the buttons face upwards. The spin should be very clear so you know if you did it or not.

I guess the same technique should work for backhand spins, but I can't manage doing them, unless I am doing them and they're just not as noticeable.

I think the 1st reply is spot on regarding the spin as for playing singles i reluctantly tell you it is not actually possible which is quite odd, despite wii sports being a "starter" game as such you'd think they'd give you the option.

Thanks for the info all.

6ix said:
I guess the same technique should work for backhand spins, but I can't manage doing them, unless I am doing them and they're just not as noticeable.
Just twist in the opposite direction to topspin and move the wiimote from a high point to a lower point when you swing.

Spin 101

Start off your swing with the buttons facing the screen.
Then swing down and forward, twisting under the ball.
The buttons should end up facing up or towards you.

Back