wii surface cleaning

I(V)P

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2007
Saugus, MA
Wii Online Code
8378-9216-8797-3798
what would be the best cleaning solution.... i wanna give my wii a little cleaning get some dirt and dust off of it.... what do u guys suggest i use?

Just set your Wii on a bed (so that you don't get scratches) then get a lintless cloth (like an un-used damp, hankercheif) And wipe the Wii. You don't need any special solution or anything :frown2: :eek:ut:.

Yeah, paper towel with no water works fun.
Even licking your finger and rubbing some stuff away should get rid of some things.

But it shouldn't be too dirty, mine is quite clean.

I use a micro-fiber cloth on mine, although it doesn't really get too dirty, just some dust on top mostly. The Wii remote however...I had to take a Viva paper towel moistened with glass cleaner and rub it cause it got dirty.

heh...since I work as an in-home salesman selling a cleaning system, of course I'd wanna pimp my system, but there's a whole list of things that you can probably use to get the job done...from slightly damp paper towels to microfiber cloths (try to use ones for eyeglasses, or the ones that come with high-end knives, as they sometimes have a non-abrasive polish of sorts that will give it a shine with little chance of mucking the finish) or go with more commercial stuff like dry dusting cloths, or something like maybe Endust for Electronics...

as for cleaning the inside, I'm sure if they haven't already Ninty will bring out a disc for cleaning the lens, and if you're careful a compressed air duster will do fine...

Cheers!

Magus said:
heh...since I work as an in-home salesman selling a cleaning system, of course I'd wanna pimp my system, but there's a whole list of things that you can probably use to get the job done...from slightly damp paper towels to microfiber cloths (try to use ones for eyeglasses, or the ones that come with high-end knives, as they sometimes have a non-abrasive polish of sorts that will give it a shine with little chance of mucking the finish) or go with more commercial stuff like dry dusting cloths, or something like maybe Endust for Electronics...

as for cleaning the inside, I'm sure if they haven't already Ninty will bring out a disc for cleaning the lens, and if you're careful a compressed air duster will do fine... Cheers!

IVP just try what Mangus recomends and your wii will be clean as new.

I usually use a slightly damp cloth to wipe away any dust particles that may have settled on the surface of my Wii.

Note.... i wouldnt be blowing inside the wii with an air compresser, we did that with a few PS2's and after we blew on the lazer lens with an air compresser it stopped reading discs..

What he said...and

bubs said:
Note.... i wouldnt be blowing inside the wii with an air compresser, we did that with a few PS2's and after we blew on the lazer lens with an air compresser it stopped reading discs..

Smoking is very bad for the Laser lens. Don't allow smoking in your house...bad for the Wii, and all the rest of your electronics.

hmm speacial cleaning? maybe get a paper towl or a piece of cloth that is for the wii, u make it only to be used on the wii, and put a little pinesole on it and then wipe it. makes it smell good

Back