wii tennis trick shots

GuyPavelo

Wii Guy
Jan 5, 2007
USA
Wii Online Code
7626-1932-3584-8862
Well, at about 1100 in tennis now.
Anybody know a surefire way to create heavy spin on the ball?
Maybee make a power shot after serving...

I'm open for ideas.
When i play against 1500 guys, it is obvious that i may be missing something.

PM me for friend code if interested!

Powerserve: Just wait for ball to be at max height, then swing. It's all about timing, not force.

Heavy spin shot: twist the wiimote while swinging to put top spin on it and make it go faaaast!

Ive been trying to twist, is it twist while hitting, or twist then hit.
Powerserve i got down no prob!

Twist while hitting as in swing your arm and twist your wrist at the same time. Twisting one way puts topspin on it and makes it low and fast, twisting the otherway makes it get some serious height.

power shots

I just reached pro status in tennis and I also play real tennis. For power shots hit more of a level swing and for top spin swing from low to high. For lobs swing from real low to real high. It's just like real tennis. For power cross courts just swing earlier with a level swing. For down the line shots swing later. The wii made me play two 1700 players and I took them to 4 all. I even had a match point. I heard to beat the higher players you have to wear them down and play longer points. They start sweating and then maybe make mistakes. Good Luck and have fun. I know I am

Ric

Wearing them down...

I have also noticed, after I hit pro and started working up some of the guys were murder but I would start these marathon points on them.

Then I'd see little sweat drops coming off them, and sure enough they'd eventually lose a step. :thumbsup:

Of course at the same point I had some sore elbow going on , as I kinda get into it while playing.

found out how to slice and spin on both sides

All you have to do is swing but do not turn your wrist. It's hard to describe but swing leading with your wrist and leave the wiimote behind. I still like the power game and hitting early.

I'm over 2000 now at tennis and have played against the top two players too many times to count. All you have got to do is play ground strokes with your baseline player until your net player is able to get into a position to play shots to the corners.

Lateral spin!

joystix2 said:
All you have to do is swing but do not turn your wrist. It's hard to describe but swing leading with your wrist and leave the wiimote behind
This is *just* the tip I've been looking for! But could you explain it better? I'm rank 2234 and havent done a slice(lateral spin) ball yet. By 'leaving behind' the wiimote, do you mean pointing it away from the tv or brushing it across the body?

I can't figure tennis out. I'm pro level around 1100 and I win a best of five(3-0) everytime and I am not gaining or losing points anymore. I'm beating the snot out of those 2000 and 1900 pair yet still not gaining any points. I'm now worried that if I have a relatively close match with them I may start losing points.

To get good spin, as you strike the ball, pull your hand across your body i.e. if right handed open your hand up towards the screen and move it from right across to the left of you body to make the ball swerve to the right in flight and get a good kick off the ground. You would play a backhand shot by turning your hand in towards you body and pulling it from left across your body to the right to swerve it to the left.
Hope this description helps.

Hey guys what's up? I'm new here and have been reading your tips on tennis. I was just messing around with my tennis and i noticed that on your back swing (Right hand) hold the buttons facing the floor (Palm down) and swing your wrist up to the sky, This will give the ball a nice curve. It does go out a lot so be careful. I am still working on my front swing, If i find anything i will let you know. Let me know if this works for u guys.

yes i know

as far as backhand hit you do back hand and as ur swinging if you twist the controller backwards it makes he ball go forward. if you twist in forward it make the ball drop sooner . if you twist the controller backwards and rotate it at the same time it will put a curve on it. i can do that all swinging both ways except i havent figured out how to spin iot swinging forhand. im at 2022 on tennis. the power serve is just timing. ull figure that out. i dont know how to explain it. hope this helps you. i dont know if you figured it out but you can aim where you want the ball to go. try to use front guy as much as possible ull get better results.

Back