Wii: The Graphics, The Glory

asdfnick

asdfnick
Dec 10, 2006
FL
Wii Online Code
5880-1161-5752-5548
Ive been reading around these forums, and some people support the wii, and others for some reason diss the wii on a wii forum. Whatever anyone may have posted about liking or disliking the wii, i have noticed one thing. People are saying the graphics are not up to par, or even good. I know gaming is deffinatly not all about graphics, i will be the first one to stand up to that subject, but i will not be the one to tell you that the wii graphics are horrable. Point is, i was looking at some graphics today, and i was quite impressed. I just wanted to put down a couple comparisons.

1. Zelda

. I know these graphics dont fully utilize the wiis cababilities, and was basicly ported, but they sure do look damn good. Remember the tech demo from the cube that wowed us all when it came out? heres a comparison of it (yes i found this online)

news-070504-legendofzelda01.jpg

I dont know about you, but i notice a BIGGG difference. Also, while i play Twilight Princess, i am stunned all the time by the visuals, i think they are amaizing! They brilliantly bring the world of Hyrule to life :
18358.jpg

Mario- Another gripe i have is the mario character, not only in the upcoming mario title, but also in SSBB. There are alot of textures added to the character model-

GCN-
super_mario_sunshine1b.jpg

ssb-mario-1.jpg

Wii -
super-mario-galaxy-2006051003492322.jpg

mario_smash_bros_brawl_wallpaper_2.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-200611270229.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-200611270-1.jpg

Red Steel-
e3-red-steel-screens-20060501034054.jpg

Point is, I believe that the wii has amaizing graphic capabilities. Just trying to change some minds :wink:

Last edited:
Very good comparison and hopefully this will shut some people up and stop them whinging about graphics.

I think the Wii has awesome grahics aswell.Are they as good as the PS3 or the 360 no.But are they bad no not at all.I think they are great and are just going to keep improving.Anyone that says the Wiis grahics are bad is just kidding thereselfs and console hating because there great.

well your comparing wii/late gen GC games to early gen gamecube games..so idk, and that mario sunshine pic is just HORRIBLE quality, point is your having those graphics for the next 5 years which kinda sucks whether you want to admit it or not

Sovieto said:
well your comparing wii/late gen GC games to early gen gamecube games..so idk, and that mario sunshine pic is just HORRIBLE quality, point is your having those graphics for the next 5 years which kinda sucks whether you want to admit it or not
you type of people are the reason i made this. These arent the best ggraphics wii can make. Remember resident evil 4? that sure turned alot of heads on the cube. These are just launch games, not even utalizing the full potential of the wii. Im just stating that these graphics arnt bad right now, while you people criticize them for being GCNesque. :eek:ut:

Back