Wii Graphics

GangstaMack

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
its true that the wii's graphics dont measure up to some of the other systems but it i am still concidering getting one. The thing is that i am wondering how it would look on a 52 inch HDTV...i was thinking the images might look blurry and stretched out but i just wanted to know for sure

hey GangstaMack, well i have my wii hooked up to a 60 inch sony widescreen rear projector lcd, and it does not stretch things because u can set the wii to 16:9 widescreen mode, so that when u make ur screen "full" or like "stretched" it looks normal, cuz if u were to play on 16:9 setting on a standard tv, everything would look skinny and squished, so that fixes the stretched part. The images arent blurry too much, its just like any other tv or dvd u watch, maybe not as high quality as a dvd, but its definitly at LEAST tv quality, and when ur playing, u dont notice.
to fix all this u could always wait till december to get component cables, which allow for 420p settings for hd tvs

hope that helps

well i mean gameplay is the most important thing but i mean if the picture is so blurry and stretched that you cant play it then...

Silent-Sniper said:
It.Is.Game.play.That.Matters.Not.Graphics.

God the younger generation are getting swamped thinking graphics is everything :incazzato:

How about you read the topic before you yell the usual rants.

Silent-Sniper said:
I read the title and first line.

Don't take it personal geez :rolleyes:
But honestly, what did that comment have to do with anything. He said "I know that the graphics aren't as good as others but I'm still getting it." Sounds to me like he doesn't care.

Anyways - yeah, if you have and HD/component cable ready TV buy the component cables! Unfortunately, I don't think I have a TV that supports component cables.

GangstaMack said:
its true that the wii's graphics dont measure up to some of the other systems but it i am still concidering getting one. The thing is that i am wondering how it would look on a 52 inch HDTV...i was thinking the images might look blurry and stretched out but i just wanted to know for sure

I have a 57" Widescreen HDTV and it looks suprisingly good. Get the component cables (when they're available) and it will look a hell of alot better. If your looking for just graphics though, look elsewhere.

Who really cares about graphics. What's really important is gameplay. You could have the best graphics in the world with the crappiest game ever invented, or you could have terrible graphics with the best game ever invented. The funner game will attract more people. I'm not saying the Wii has bad graphics, it blows GameCube away, but it doesn't compare to PS3 or Xbox 360. Think of how much fun you and your friends will have with the new control scheme when you're bowling, fishing, playing tennis, baseball, golf, boxing, sword fighting, shooting each other, racing, etc.. You'll never ever go wrong with a Nintendo Wii.

Back