Wii 'tips n tricks'

Browse the web, before Opera is released.

From sitedude at: http://www.feelthissite.com/sitedude/wii/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13

WifiMax Nintendo Wii Wireless Dongle

PC of course

Want to browse the internet before WII's Opera is launched?

Heres how::

Step One:

Download Simple DNS Plus at JH Software

Install Simple DNS Plus

Step Two:

Once you have Simple DNS Plus opened goto Tools -> Edit DNS Records

In the DNS records goto tools --> Quick Domain Wizard

In the domain field type "oss.shop.wii.com"

for the webserver ip type in the ip of the website to goto (if you want to find out the ip goto cmd prompt and type ping sitename.com)

google's IP is 64.233.167.99

so bascially put that in as the "Web Server IP"

Erase the secondary DNS Server and press OK

On the WII

Goto the Wii Menu

Wii Settings

Internet

Connection Settings

Chose your connection

Change settings

click next 3 times until you get to the DNS setup, Click Advanced Settings

Then enter the primary DNS as your computers IP address: (to get that goto cmd prompt on the computer and type ipconfig)

click ok and launch the Shopping Channel, it should bring up google now!

For anyone who would like to know, I did the Shop channel dns reroute trick, you can't enter text into any search fields, total waste of time.

Secondly, the Wii Video 9 software from Red Kawa is total crap. You can't customize but maybe two aspects of the conversion process and all the files you convert will end up gigantic. I tried converting a 600mb avi file to put on the 2 GB SD card I have, the file ended up too large in mpeg format. I have other conversion software that could do a better job and not inflate the file size by such an outrageous factor.

the wii cover thing is cool...

here is one.. in wii photo when pasting something you copied you can shange its size by moving your remote towards/away from the screen. you can also rotate it

oh thanks for the link to the cover for wii sports i just had to change it too landscape and cut a few pieces off and wallah it fit like a charm and looks pretty good too.

is these any different between the ball colors? different weight?

Last edited:
Next tip is for Zelda

If you ask the fortune teller about love, she'll give you a hint about heart peices.

additions:

26. In the Photo Channel, you can catch the evil cat that runs across the screen to get tips! It appears in the Fun option, and you can grab the cat with the A and B button.

27. You can have a 194 piece puzzle by holding down the 1 button before selecting any piece amount.

28. when you get an e-mail, not only does the disc drive light up and pulsate blue, but your Wiimote sends out a little chirp

29. when you’re in the Mii channel and you don’t use the Wiimote for a little bit and your Mii’s start walking around, if you then suddenly use the Wiimote, all the Mii stop and follow the ‘hand’ for about 3 seconds….

30. On hole 3 of Wii Sports Golf, there is a small section of fairway at about a 45 degree angle to the left from the tee box. It is a small patch surrounded by Out Of Bound-ness. If you can land your ball on there, you can easily make it on the green in 2, to Eagle the course.

31. Classic controller has analog shoulder buttons. With the GC “click” at the bottom

32. If you hold the SYNC button down on the Wii for 15 seconds, it will clear all synced Wii Remotes from the console.

Back