Wii to hit Australia on Dec 7 @ $399

You shouldn't have a problem online just like buying a P.C. from overseas, the only thing you need to make sure of is that your TV is NTSC compatible, otherwise it will not display properly, like if you use an NTSC D.V.D. player on a PAL TV, it usually comes out in black and white . The difference is the amount of lines in the image, NTSC is 405 lines on the screen where as PAL is 505 lines, one of the few instances where we in OZ have the better system with a higher resolution :smilewinkgrin:

I hate all of this.....im aussie and i made a contract with me mum and dad so that i couldn't spend any of my money until the wii comes out in Australia! ive figured out that i will have only $405 (AUS) left so i cant buy any other Wii controllers or games, second of all $400 (AUS) makes $300 US so that means that australia should get like a free wii controller and nunchuck or something and lastly Y DO Wii(geddit?) HAVE TO GET THE Wii SECOND LAST!!!

im very pleased with the price and the nintendo functions because the PS3 will cost 850-1000 dollars and XBOX 360 cost $650 so im heaps relieved and i like the release date because then ill nhave more money to save up so i can buy some good game titles.

oh and i heard a new super smash bros game is coming out in march.

Last edited:
The price for the Aussies seems a little expensive. Glad I live right above the US! The price for the Wii over here is $275CDN which, correct me if I'm wrong, less than the $399AUS pricetag.

Sam_Harris said:
i feel a weird satisfaction of gettong it one day before you guys (europe)

You're a very cruel person however i would probably feel the same way if we got it before you.

I know this might vary from store to store. But i preordered my Wii and put down $50 on it. Would that $50 come off the $400? Also would i get to pick whatever color i wanted? I preordered at EBGames.

Yeah the $50 dollars you put as a deposit will go towards your Wii .
Unfortunally the only colour you will get is white because its the only colour being released :wtf: dammit, I wanted a black one .

Wilko21 said:
You're a very cruel person however i would probably feel the same way if we got it before you.

I know this might vary from store to store. But i preordered my Wii and put down $50 on it. Would that $50 come off the $400? Also would i get to pick whatever color i wanted? I preordered at EBGames.
nah im an aussie and um i would asume the 50 would come of the price and no there is only white on launch

Get over the price, dammit. What is the problem? They gave us exactly what they predicted, im only a bit unhappy about the controller but after I buy it I'll get over it. BLAZZOOOO? Sorry, just sick of complaints. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. Simple and funky.

And only white? That is le stupid, which is french for not good. Alas, I hope we can buy skins. And good skins, not like the stupid PS2 skins at Toys R Us with Skulls. Yea...

Im not buying at launch anyhow. Im gonna wait for Toys R Us traditional 1 week later price cut (aka $450 and comes with Wii, extra remote and free game of DOOOOM!)

dan99iel said:
Noooooooo! My Parents Hate Consoles!!!!! I Already Have All The Gameboys There Ever Is And Was And An Xbox And Ps2!!!! I Will Only Have $300 By Christmas!!! I Hate This Price And Don't Think I'm Alone!!!
Why don't you sell your xbox & playstation, then you'll have more than enough money.

wolf231 said:
Why don't you sell your xbox & playstation, then you'll have more than enough money.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! Don't even think of it. If i did that then i will start missin them and hatin myself. Anyways, i have a thread sayin my plan of gettin a wii with a poll.

nkbswe5 said:
Get over the price, dammit. What is the problem? They gave us exactly what they predicted, im only a bit unhappy about the controller but after I buy it I'll get over it. BLAZZOOOO? Sorry, just sick of complaints. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. Simple and funky.

And only white? That is le stupid, which is french for not good. Alas, I hope we can buy skins. And good skins, not like the stupid PS2 skins at Toys R Us with Skulls. Yea...

Im not buying at launch anyhow. Im gonna wait for Toys R Us traditional 1 week later price cut (aka $450 and comes with Wii, extra remote and free game of DOOOOM!)
Fine. I will stop complaining. But will someone please tell me why we dont get an extra controller or with a nunchuck 'cos this price is adding on those things. Anyway, australia has been on the expensive gaming side for lot's of things but atleast we get Wii Sports!!!! It was roumoured that AUS don't get it (It's on a thread around here that says aussies get wii sports, look for it.).

EXACTLY! We get Wii Sports, others dont. Thats why its more expensive. It has WII BOWLING! I sooo cant wait to play it. Also, Im not happy about controller prices, but I'll get over it. Maybe. Thats what Birthdays are for :D I was expecting it to be $400 anyway, maybe thats why i dont care...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, u sound alot more like zim then himself. STOP THAT RIGHT NOW GIR!!! Anyways, alot of other people get wii sports!!! and i am sooooooooooo unlucky!! Me birthdat on NOV 19 the US release date. That really sucks!!!

Back