Wii U vs PS4 impressions

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi, I was looking the ps4 presentation and it was enough to get some impressions between the Wii U and the new ps4. First, the graphical horsepower isn't was I expected. I suppose a huge jump as Mr. Ricchicello (EA CEO) said in an interview like a CGI movie graphics in real time, but is slightly better than the Wii U graphics (not much difference). They only showed the new dualshock controller, not the console and off course its price, with 8GB of ram it almost cost 500 bucks. In this camp the Wii U gamepad is far better, the only thing that worries me is the streaming feature, this feature will be come integrated in the console, so if they want to stream games using ultra-high power computer like the used to make CGI movies we'll get in trouble. This feature could WOW the hardcore gamers and new customers, and also join more third party support. The other features are well beaten by the Wii U capabilities, I think the true fire test will come with "Watch Dogs", and the comparison of this game between both consoles.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I'm hoping that Sony starts getting the **** that Ninty's been getting recently.

I'm hoping both consoles will be highly successive and the console wars go from Sony vs Microsoft with Nintendo trailing far behind to Sony vs Nintendo with Microsoft trailing far behind.

I'm hoping both consoles will be highly successive and the console wars go from Sony vs Microsoft with Nintendo trailing far behind to Sony vs Nintendo with Microsoft trailing far behind.
As long as Ninty's up there~

I'm hoping that Sony starts getting the **** that Ninty's been getting recently.

Well they have both convinced me that the future of gaming is shitty

Now to get some money to make hat gaming PC and focus on the indies

You cant compare them as the PS4 isnt out yet

Well they have both convinced me that the future of gaming is shitty
I don't think that's something you can really predict.

Sure, even if you think that the PS4 and WiiU are shitty, a really great console could come out like 5 or 10 years afterwards. You can't read the minds of game developers. You can predict and be right, or you can predict and be wrong.

Gaming being the big industry it is, I don't think that it's going to "die" so easily. In my opinion it's still great, though I haven't put a lot of research into it.

It's going to die in the sense that it leaves it's original audience and becomes more ah, mainstream, leaving behind quality in order to cater to said audience. Happened with computers, star wars, and some of the comic media.

It's going to die in the sense that it leaves it's original audience and becomes more ah, mainstream, leaving behind quality in order to cater to said audience. Happened with computers, star wars, and some of the comic media.
This does actually make sense ._.

I'll be on the optimistic boat here and say that there will still always be great games coming out. Could be wrong in a few aspects. That's why it's called optimism.

I don't think that's something you can really predict.

Sure, even if you think that the PS4 and WiiU are shitty, a really great console could come out like 5 or 10 years afterwards. You can't read the minds of game developers. You can predict and be right, or you can predict and be wrong.

Gaming being the big industry it is, I don't think that it's going to "die" so easily. In my opinion it's still great, though I haven't put a lot of research into it.

Hope im right and they all say "Whoops" and make a normal console that has none of the bollocks new ones have

I kinda like the Wii U's gimmick, though with the Wii maybe they went a bit too far, considering that most Wii games don't even take advantage of the motion sensing controls. I can think of Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime, and that's about it. Aside from the shitty sports games.

I kinda like the Wii U's gimmick, though with the Wii maybe they went a bit too far, considering that most Wii games don't even take advantage of the motion sensing controls. I can think of Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime, and that's about it. Aside from the shitty sports games.

Hey, those shitty sports games made for some great home entertainment. Although, I enjoy Mario Kart better for that kinda stuff.

Mario Kart is exceptional.

I also tend to enjoy Mario Party for multiplayer, but my friends tell me it gets old quickly. I wouldn't know, as I've only played it a few times.

Back