Wii version of Bionic Commando a possibility

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
There may be hope for a Wii version of upcoming 360, PS3 and PC grapple swinging action game Bionic Commando, the game's producer has revealed.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com in an interview to be published on the site later today, Capcom's Ben Judd said that a Wii version of the sequel to the 1988 NES original would largely depend on how much Bionic Commando's fans want it.

When asked if a Wii version could ever come to the Wii, Judd said: "It will largely depend on what the fans want for the future of Bionic Commando.

"If the interest is there, of course we want as many people as possible to appreciate this great franchise."

Some Wii-owners have expressed their disappointment that the game isn't currently being developed for Nintendo's motion-sensing controller, with a feeling that the Spiderman-esque swing mechanic would be well suited to the Wii Remote.

If you're one of them, now you know what to do - make enough noise and it looks like Capcom will listen and get it done.

Judd had quite a lot of interesting things to say about Bionic Commando, which you'll be able to check out on the site a bit later on, including likening the game to Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto no less.

good news man. the link
http://www.videogamer.com/news/10-01-2008-7228.html

I doubt it will happen unless 360 and PS3 sales are good enough to risk money on Wii. Since most Wii owners wouldnt care anything about a game like this, its going to be hard to sell it. Capcom is going to have the thoughts of sale figure failure of Zack & Wiki on their minds.

Even if it did it probably wouldn't come out til like 2011, then no one would buy it despite how many people wanted it.

Well VC games did sell pretty well. Hell Id say give it to the V-Joe engine and give us some better art and I'm all game for this one. A 2d game with really sick effects and pretty much and expansion of the nes, and GBA games would be sweet. Bionic commando need more mech action also. Seriously they better do it before treasure does it!

Oh yeah keep it 2d also... and what happens when you let us use the Wii pointer to aim the hook?
Then on top of that give us some good old over the shoulder shooting also before we go into the hot areas! Hell they could even team bionic commando up with strider and give us the move set from marvel vs capcom with the same graphic quality!

I don't think the game needed that much of a change as what they have done with the hot dog infuriating version that people flame so much.

Yet if they treat this game like the last strider then they deserve not to sell any copies. I walked thur that game just by pressing forward.

I mean really if contra 4 can sale with 16 bit graphics why can't a new bionic sale with real art direction and game play on the scale of say a marvel vs capcom?

I think the first step in a bionic commando game on the wii would be to release it for virtual console. Then people who remember the game can play it and people who haven't heard of it either. I had it back in the day and I bough the gameboy re-release as well and I would buy any sequel they came out with, bionic commando was a great game.

Back