Wii vibrating.

stozy

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2006
hi, i got my wii on december the 30th and it has all worked fine. Until yesterday, the cabinate its in started to make vibration noises...I am in the downstairs and its on right now and i can hear it thru the floorboards becuase the of the vibrations.....i am sure its making more vibrations than it did before and that is why i can hear it making things vibrate. When i put in on the carpet the noise stops but its still vibrating alot.

please help me someone :frown2:

Last edited:
uhh... the smart thing to do is to unplug it from the outlet. and maybe tats ur solution right there. if it doesnt work, reformat ur wii, or if that doesnt work dont use the wii for like a week and let it rest, it might be over heated.

mmm..i dont leave it plugged in and it was off all night and i started 2 play it this morning and it was still do it :mad:

do you think it could be the disk drive ?

it might, go to options>settings>Format Wii System Memory to reformat ur wii.

or when u say disk drive, take our ur disk and clean it (if its dirty) and insert it back in

hey if that doesnt work, turn rumble off, click the house button, then wii remote settings and boom click off...^_^

stozy said:
how will reformating help ?

I doubt it will, and changing your rumble settings wouldn't do too much either.

It's probably the DVD reader in the Wii, so maybe if you put soft foam or a cushion or something underneath it and see if that helps :)

It's a boooooomb!

Nahh, I'd contact Nintendo if I was you, they'd know what was wrong :thumbsup: Good Luck!

hey,i think i have a solution,when i first set up my wii it did the same thing some things u can do well maybe....1.try attaching ur wii to both stands the silver1 and the plastic transparent.
2.stand ur wii down, and if not then buy a new cabinet or put it on the floor. hope ive helped cya......

well for the moment i have put my wii on its side site and this helps....

hopefuly thats all i need to do :)

thanks all :D

Id send it back for a replacement.. They are not meant to do that in any way. Reformating has nothing to do with what the hardware is doing, and Overheating doesnt cause that problem either.

My Theory: Something could be stuck in your fan or your fan is damaged, Similar to what a computer sounds/acts like when fan problems occur? :idea:

mine started doing that too. but its not all the time. it does it only when i turn it on sometimes. or when i start up a game.

Back