wii wheels, where to get em?

I've seen some "universal" PC/PS/GC/Wii wheels on the market but i dont think they were bluetooth i think they were at best in the GC style so i haven't bothered buying one.. And the fact there hasnt been a game to "blow me away" racing wise yet. Once some realy good racing games come out i might check into them.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Universal-Challenge-Racing-Wheel/dp/B000RJW1Y2

I like the new standard racing setup its atleast a challenge over all these years racing with a joystick use, but i can understand where people would not like it making the years of "skills" useless...lol

I like the racing peripheral aswell they give a nice change of pace if you set them up correctly... most of them are uncompfortable unless you have them ontop a desk, and fix it to each person every time you use it.
With the Wii mote though it would end up still being cheep if more hit the market, it would be like GH guitar not mucth more than a really big chuck to plug your wii mote into and just extend the buttons for gas,break,clutch pedals to other places... Really suprised there hasnt been more attempts to make one yet.

Last edited:
idjut said:
it depends, iamreptar... if the game is intense you may need more to hold than the ends of the remote... i'll take the free one with the game and make the decision from there. :yesnod:

Thats about right, I assume nintendo will sell wheel peripherals not just the ones with the game. I'll wait to see how it is with and without before splurging on more wii accessories. If I do buy more wheels though, I'd rather they were all the same type, meaning I'll buy ones nintendo sells or get them free by doing surveys or something.

Skorp said:
Thats about right, I assume nintendo will sell wheel peripherals not just the ones with the game. I'll wait to see how it is with and without before splurging on more wii accessories. If I do buy more wheels though, I'd rather they were all the same type, meaning I'll buy ones nintendo sells or get them free by doing surveys or something.

ya know, i would consider have each of my 4 wheels unique, if they each feel nice... after all, the characters, cars, and items are unique... maybe it could make it feel even more fun? :)

idjut said:
ya know, i would consider have each of my 4 wheels unique, if they each feel nice... after all, the characters, cars, and items are unique... maybe it could make it feel even more fun? :)

Valid point, I'm somewhat OCD though and wouldn't be comfortable with 4 different wheels. When I got my wii and started buying gamecube games, I was annoyed by the ones that had the yellow player's choice insignia on the side cause they didn't look good on the shelf next to the other games, ruined the uniformity, drove me crazy. Have to keep the player's choice next to each other. :wink:

Well I can't wait for the new Mario Kart to Come out. I've been looking at the wheels and I think I would like the ones that some with the game. I like them all looking the same too Skorp.

Back