Wiicam?

Arty

WiiChat Member
Nov 9, 2007
Hi,

I would like to resurrect that thread and add:

I read in from the Civilization Revolution article at Wikipedia that there will be some "voice and vision chat".

How do you achieve "Voice and vision chat" without a microphone and a webcam? Or maybe this option will not be for all gaming platforms? (Civilization Revolution is announced fot Wii, 360, PS2 and DS)

Btw, hello, I'm new here :cornut:

wow that's amazing!

more and more, the consoles are heading towards PC gaming lol

Re: the consoles are heading towards PC gaming

Well, this is not new and this is called convergence: every electronic consumer products tends to incorporate more functions that overlap those of other products and become "all-in-one" products :crazy:

But let's not deviate. Phillepino, do you think there will be webcam and/or microphone on Wii for network gaming?

I seriously doubt it, as it is we still need friend codes to play with people, and have no voice support in case the little children end up talking to nasty potty mouths or pedophiles or something, was never quite clear. I just don't know why they don't tie it in to the parental controls, No acces = no voice chat, plain and simple, maybe make it a toggle setting for availability.

Heck even a "Child" "Adult" setting, one with limited communicative abilities and the other letting us do what the hell we want :)

Back