Wiimote anoyances in Super Mario Galaxy

martiniman

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2008
I think the Wiimote is both a great aspect of the Wii, yet it can be its worst nightmare either. A game that almost sucks because of the Wiimote is Super Mario Galaxy.
There is totally no point in having to shake to spin around. This should be possible with a normal button as well. Now it is very inaccurate timed, and many lives are lost because of crappy implementation.
Also when you point to shoot crystals, the x-mark dances a lot. It is a pain to kill enemies this way. I believe an old NES duckhunt-gun had done better on this aspect, if LCD TV's still had scanlines.

So what I need is a tweak to have a regular button for spinning that replaces shaking the Wiimote. Does anybody now how to do this? And does anybody know how to make the shooting target more steady?

As an alternative I also would love an option to replace the wiimote-nunchuck with an old fashioned analog remote. Are there options to play SMG this way?

All the things you mention are player errors. Do not blame the Nintendo Wii or Super Mario Galaxy.

1. Get better? I've yet to find a single complaint on this aspect, until now. You just have to flick the thing and Mario instantaneously spins on screen. Its not that difficult.
2. Check your Wii settings, you need to set the pointer according to how far away you are from the screen. Also, sitting at an extreme angle can cause this.

Why not just buy another game system, you seem like you're not ready for something that takes "skill" :lol:

You must be the only person on the globe and history of man to have trouble like this in SMG.

When you 'shake' the wiimote, just to it faster than you normally do and more repetitive. As for the shakiness, go into the Wii Menu, go into Sensor Bar setting and slide it to the very right.
As for Mario Galaxy being inaccurate, it isnt, Scarface on the other hand IS, you have to 'shake the nunchuck' to activate a 'rage' feature, and to get it to work I literally have to violently shake the nunchuck in every direction for a good 2seconds for it to engage,
Mario Galaxy requires a slight flick of the wrist, maybe 2 or 3 times.

LevesqueIsKing said:
All the things you mention are player errors. Do not blame the Nintendo Wii or Super Mario Galaxy.

1. Get better? I've yet to find a single complaint on this aspect, until now. You just have to flick the thing and Mario instantaneously spins on screen. Its not that difficult.
2. Check your Wii settings, you need to set the pointer according to how far away you are from the screen. Also, sitting at an extreme angle can cause this.
I agree. Shaky icons aren't bad design, they're twitchy players.

Deanis said:
As for Mario Galaxy being inaccurate, it isnt, Scarface on the other hand IS, you have to 'shake the nunchuck' to activate a 'rage' feature, and to get it to work I literally have to violently shake the nunchuck in every direction for a good 2seconds for it to engage,
That's good though because rage is completely useless.

Well, what should i do with this typical forum answers? Thanks for the advice :sick:

Typical forum answers?

If you didn't want our advice, you could have put that in your op.

Well, you could possibly take some medication to help lessen the effects of your Parkinson's disease, or some anti-depressants for the courage to admit you suck at SMG?

LMAO, dont be so harsh....
Just go into ya Wii Settings and put up the sensitivity of your Sensor Bar.

Wait a minute... you can spin using the nun chuck?!?!

Try using the actual remote instead.

Back