Wiimote kills LCD TV. Amazing Picture!

Looks like Nintendo is answering the alledged incidents of the Wii Remote flying out the hands got a newsletter from them

and look the first two things it mentions are exactly what it appears some people are not doing !!!

the newsletter is a single jpg file

Wii_safety_06.jpg

I dont get how people are letting go like this well i do people are whipping their arms around harder than need be

Im playing bowling and tennis and basball just fine with medium strength movements and when i start to sweat wiping the hands off is just plain common sense

can't anyone tell the surface of the remote is super smooth "piano" finish and will slip when wet?

obvious Nintendo is concerned with legal issues hence the email I received and posted above. but they shouldn't be if the unit is being used properly no one would have these issues well I would actually expect a few isolated incidents but not as much as we have been hearing

I had a good rear projection tv
Untill I got cheated on King of the figers neo wave (boss was a arse)

Am I the only one who thinks that picture looks a bit photoshopped? Surely, if the screen had broken there, the lcd crystals would have leaked giving an odd rainbow pattern around the outside of the hole...

There is a little bit of a rainbow patterna round the hole there.

Looks kinda normal for a broken screen to me, looks like the same thing calculator screens, personal organizer, blackbook sreens, etc. do when they get broken somehow.

All I gotta say is nah i dont take it that far inta gaming n im a serious gamer no one should have ta get into it like its a virtual boy and did anyone c the glove they made for heavy sweaters. lol o well Wii!!!!

I don't understand how this even happens. The wiimote isn't exactly small and slippery, even if you have been playing for hours on end and have nice sweaty palms.
I think these people breaking their TVs deserve it (yes that's harsh, I know). There's no reason to let go of the wiimote, honestly ....

my local shop has a rubber clothing for the wiimote to change its colour and make it more slippery, and as time pasts more things like that will be released, so dont worry

Question: Why do they sell such expensive TVs and NOT put in protective measures? You'd think the TV would be made out of some unbreakable glass for $2000, not candy.

sagema said:
Question: Why do they sell such expensive TVs and NOT put in protective measures? You'd think the TV would be made out of some unbreakable glass for $2000, not candy.

well than your screen glass would be super thick and it would look pooey, my pics only my anti glare screen

thisisgil said:
Am I the only one who thinks that picture looks a bit photoshopped? Surely, if the screen had broken there, the lcd crystals would have leaked giving an odd rainbow pattern around the outside of the hole...

yea having seen a broken laptop screen today at work, there should be a LOT more rainbow affect around the broken area. but could be real as i have only ever seen 2 broken LCD screens in real life.

lcds tend to rainbow out more when the cracks are long. i've seen a laptop screen have a black spot. plus it's not like there aren't plenty of stories out there about this same thing happening, even one guy on this form!

Back