WiiMote sensor-bar, for computer/Glovepie use

Ostudent1

WiiChat Member
Apr 8, 2007
So, I was trawling teh intarwebs earlier today and I came across "motelights " (motelights.com). It's this student run operation that's selling a USB powered sensor bar that looks appears to be made in the likeness of Trogdor (?), for use with GlovePie. (for those who don't know, Glovepie is this windows computer program that enables a wiimote to be used as a computer mouse).

It seemed interesting, if not a bit hacked together.

Any thoughts? should people be selling things like this?

-J

how do u use a sensor bar with glovepie. i need a decent script or just a way to make my own

The sensor bar itself isn't used within glovepie. The sensor bar is just ir light for the ir camera in the Wiimote to see, there is no communication to/from the sensor bar. You just need to enable the ir camera in the Wiimote in the glovepie script. If you don't have a diy sensor bar or store bought battery powered sensor bar, you can use the one wired to the Wii. Just bind the Wiimote to the computer first, then power on the Wii to power the sensor bar (of course the bar needs to be placed appropriately for your screen, the Wii will not steal the bound Wiimote from the computer).

Back