Wii's online play

StickyRice

WiiChat Member
Mar 8, 2007
Wii Online Code
4716-8459-7516-2700
For the new online compatible games coming out, don't you think Nintendo kind of already messed up their chances for good online gaming?

A big part of online gaming is communication, interaction, and, well, playing :p

Considering the only way to communicate would be text messaging (Well, with friends you met on the game, and you can't call them up), which takes a bit of time depending on what you're saying.

Another thing is, how would you find out their Wii number if you cannot even message them without knowing the wii number in the first place?

I think nintendo will have to make another completely different channel, and new hardware (like mic's), make yourself a profile, and, another thing that would be cool would be like the new Play Station Home, only with mii's, and more detailed than your Mii parade x.x

Is there any info like this about Online Wii? Or is it just going to be playing someone and maybe never talking to them again? Which would stink, if you want to play more and stuff. Are the matches/servers random aswel?

Nintendo needs to release more info!!!

StickyRice said:
For the new online compatible games coming out, don't you think Nintendo kind of already messed up their chances for good online gaming?

A big part of online gaming is communication, interaction, and, well, playing :p

Considering the only way to communicate would be text messaging (Well, with friends you met on the game, and you can't call them up), which takes a bit of time depending on what you're saying.

Another thing is, how would you find out their Wii number if you cannot even message them without knowing the wii number in the first place?

I think nintendo will have to make another completely different channel, and new hardware (like mic's), make yourself a profile, and, another thing that would be cool would be like the new Play Station Home, only with mii's, and more detailed than your Mii parade x.x

Is there any info like this about Online Wii? Or is it just going to be playing someone and maybe never talking to them again? Which would stink, if you want to play more and stuff. Are the matches/servers random aswel?

Nintendo needs to release more info!!!

I concur, Nintendo needs to tell us more information on online and man i hope they have some kind of lounge or something, Please Nintendo Please!

Last edited:
Nintendo needs to buy more servers than Blizzard. Wow has over 8 million users. Look at how their servers keep crashing. If Nintendo wants to avoid the same fate they need a very stable system. I assure you this is Nintendo. Give them time to get everything in order. They have been beta testing features in Japan for months on end. They aren't Sony, they are not going to rush this. Quality over quantity.

sagema said:
Quality over quantity.

heh, my dad said that when we were buying a new HDTV for our 360 and Wii.

He got us a 28" Samsung =( Maybe 30", idk.

Back