Wii's price

kmcheng

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
This is weird.
Until some weeks ago, in half.com, ebay, amazon, craigslist, the trading price is around $450, at least $400. But in these weeks, the price dropped a 100 to around $350.
Why the trading price dropped? The demand decreased? And as I read in those shopping deal forum, many people rather either wait until later or wait in line for hours outside retail stores than to pay more than MSRP, especially not more than $400.
That's why I have to post the price as $350 if I want someone to buy it.

Pikachu256 said:
Probably Nintendo Has Released A Great Supply Of Wii For The Christmas Season. So The Price Has Dropped.
Hehe. Do you capitalize every first letter in your posts? I usually only do that for the title.

And the Wii prices? Who knows. I guess it's too close to Christmas. I predict Wii sales will dwindle from the new year to summer and then boost for the holiday season again. This is mostly attributed to most children getting stuff, especially consoles, only on Christmas. So far Wii has dominated two holiday seasons.

i heard something on the news this morning about nintendo manufacturing a couple of million wiis more than they usually do. that's probably why the price has dropped. thanks for the info

The real price for Wii's is $250.
What those are for are for Wii bundles that come with extras, and their prices always vary.

ROB64 said:
i heard something on the news this morning about nintendo manufacturing a couple of million wiis more than they usually do. that's probably why the price has dropped. thanks for the info

may be that's why this weekend Bestbuy got at least 50 in stock?

Nevertheless, it still cannot meet the demand yet (I bet it will got over 100 people waiting outside this time, and still many people won't get one).
I mean, last time BB got minimum 12 or 18 (won't be too much on the max no) on Sunday, and there are already more than 50 people waiting in parking lot after 9 in freezing cold. Those poor guys on the back need to be earlier.

Reggie commented firmly against bundles saying it should be up to the customer to choose the games. You can also thank bundles, and scalpers for the lack of a price drop this year. Nintendo said if they price dropped let's say $100 the Wii would be victim to scalpers, store bundles, and stores like Wal-Mart(They did this) hording Wiis for a while when they need to boost their sales later.

If there is one thing that will harm the game companies this year, it will be the bundles on all 3 consoles. Often people are stuck with trashy games, and afterwards almost no money to get great games like Halo, Mario, and um... um... Warhawk.

Back