will there be GC for wii deal?

JoonKimDDS

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
EB games had event that give users $80 if they trade xbox for xbox360,
and $100 if they traded ps2 for ps3.

I wonder if the same kind of deal will happen to GC and wiil.
maybe GC users get $40~60 if they trade GC for wii.

A brand new slim PS2 only costs $129.99, I seriously doubt they would give you $100 for a USED one. They're cheap bastards, only gave me $50 for 4 in the box N64 games back in the day.

MaXiMiUS said:
A brand new slim PS2 only costs $129.99, I seriously doubt they would give you $100 for a USED one. They're cheap bastards, only gave me $50 for 4 in the box N64 games back in the day.

Probably offering those deals because it guarantees a 360/PS3 sale. It's not so much that they're giving away more money for last gen but probably moreso that they're getting more 360/PS3 sales.

vi3tmix said:
Probably offering those deals because it guarantees a 360/PS3 sale. It's not so much that they're giving away more money for last gen but probably moreso that they're getting more 360/PS3 sales.

Thats exactly the reason why they do it. It's generally good marketing.

ssbb_lover said:
So you trade in your PS2....and they give you a PS3 and $100???

Lol, no. I believe it means that if you hand them your old PS2 they'll give you $100 credit towards a PS3 purchase from their stores.

Yeah they aren't going to do that with the wii. They can't keep the wii on the shelves for a second, no extra marketing there needed.

They give you $80 for an xbox when you get an xbox 360 because theres no shortage and they know they'll make a hefty profit off the 360 game sales from you.

They give $100 for a ps2 when you get a ps3, not because a used ps2 is anywhere worth $100 because they cant freaking move PS3s out of there store and are suffering because of it.

Also, take in to account that the wii is $250, you don't really need a discount on it. and the gamecube... well it wasnt that great of a system (besides ssbm!) and no one is going to buy a gamecube now.

best thing you can do is save your pennies, and then maybe give your gamecube to your favorite little brother/sister/nephew/niece who doesnt have a gaming system. They'll have a blast on it with games like mario party and mario kart.

Pfft stuff that idea, keep the gamecube for yourself lol

Back