wired connection for wii

phillepino

SSBB Name = JAA!
Oct 7, 2007
SACTOWN
Wii Online Code
5481-6878-4567-7796
How can u do it?

My friend has a linksys router however it is a "b only" router and the Wii's G adapter cannot read it.

Is there anyway to use wired connection instead, since the Wii is just next to the router?

If so, please give a step by step guide or somewhere along the lines

Thanks in advance

Simply use an ethernet cable to plug into the router and the other end into the back of the Wii.

Then on the Wii system settings just search for networks like normal.

Easy :yesnod:

Frummage, the Wii doesn't have an Ethernet port. You need to buy the Wii LAN Adaptor. Also, the Wii only has a "B" Wi-Fi card. It doesn't connect to G

CZMQFRG said:
Frummage, the Wii doesn't have an Ethernet port. You need to buy the Wii LAN Adaptor. Also, the Wii only has a "B" Wi-Fi card. It doesn't connect to G

You are probably right about the wired card, but my Wii connects to my G only router perfectly.

hi this chat thing is a bit mavrik for me but i have a problem i hope someone can help. i manage a pub and the owner want to play the wii i have just bought on the big screen projector, however with the pub beeing very busy i want to keep the console up stairs is this possible with wireless conection? money is no problem, the problem is iam only good at talking to guests and pulling pints computer lingo is not my thing and spelling. please help thanks

ninjaa said:
hi this chat thing is a bit mavrik for me but i have a problem i hope someone can help. i manage a pub and the owner want to play the wii i have just bought on the big screen projector, however with the pub beeing very busy i want to keep the console up stairs is this possible with wireless conection? money is no problem, the problem is iam only good at talking to guests and pulling pints computer lingo is not my thing and spelling. please help thanks

Sounds like wireless is the perfect solution then :yesnod:

ok so wirrless is good! how about the big screen thing? i phoned nintendo and they told me that i cant play the wii on a projector is this true?
also can you sugest any kind of wireless or dose it make no diff?

802.11g routers by-definition support 802.11b as well. One would have to configure the router specifically to not allow 802.11b, but the capability is there and it's enabled by default.

So it is possible for an 802.11b device to connect to an 802.11g router.

ninjaa said:
ok so wirrless is good! how about the big screen thing? i phoned nintendo and they told me that i cant play the wii on a projector is this true?
also can you sugest any kind of wireless or dose it make no diff?

Kind of wireless doesnt make much different.

You CAN play it on a projector, but video games can damage them. They can be damaged by the same image being displayed for long periods of time (such as a menu or a pause screen).

Back