Wired or Wireless?

arogeek said:
i think wireless is slower, personaly....................
Not necessarily slower, but definitely not as good a connection.

I run two different set-ups, when I'm at my apt I run a shorter, say 6 foot ethernet cable and it's the best speed and connection for me anyway, but when I take it to my parents house I have to use a 50 foot cable, and it seems as though it is a little lower quality connection, but I'm not sure if that's my cable or just the internet being used by more than just my xbox at their house. Also depends on where you are in the world, some countries have better internet than others. I would go with wired over wireless, and it is a lot cheaper, but do you mind having a cable run down the hall and around the corner?

At some stores, like Wal-Mart, you can go to the electronics section where they sell cables and wires and buy some little plastic cable holders that use small nails hammered into the walls to hold cables. They are technically made for coax cables, but I use them to run my cat5 cables from the router in the computer room to the consoles in the living room.

Every couple of feet along the baseboards, tack in a holder and run the cable through. Go up and around doorways so you don't have to worry about tripping on it.

Our walls, cables, and the little cable holders are all white, so you can't even really see the setup.

FRuMMaGe said:
I have my Xbox wired into my laptop which acts as a wireless device. All it takes is some port forwarding.

You can do that...? Can you tell me how? Or give me a link to show me how for future references? Thats cool... I know SOME about port fowarding, but I duno which ports to foward n such.

Back