Wireless Network Card - how to make it connect!

jvc_man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
Hello!

I have a Wireless Network Card (Accton PCI 802.11b/g adapter WN4201B).
It works fine with my Pinnacle Mediacenter but not with me lovely new Wii-console. When I connect my Wireless network to the Pinnacle (starta the Mediabox) the Wireless network is on - not otherwice. And then - if I search for a Wireless Network connection with my Wii-console it will be found, but when I test it following appears: "Error: 51030 - Unable to find an access point. Please confirm the SSID and try again". I have checked the information on my computer about the network and all the data is correct on the Wii. The SSID is correct. But if I add a ip (insteed of automatic) I have to add routher id - don't know what that is and some other values that I don't know. I do know the ip, and mask..
But the thing is, when I don't have my Pinnacle Mediabox on - I can't find any Wireless networks on my computer when searching - and therefore the Wii can't find the signal. And if the settings may be correct - the test will not be good because there is no signal... What can I do to make this work??
I was soooo happy when I got my Wii but now I just want it to work with the internet... :sad:
Also: I have to network cards, one wired (the real internet-connection that goes to a router) and one Wireless card that I have for Mediabox and Wii.

Hope that someone can help me!!!
Thanks!

/Björn

If you are trying to use your computer as an access point, you would need the non wireless nic card wired, and then use the wireless network card as an access point.

Hello!

How does I make that happend??
The non-wireless network card has a internetcabel linked from a routher that is connected to the internet. What is a "non wireless NIC card"?

Grateful for a solution!! Thanks!
Hope you will reply again!

/Björn

jvc_man said:
Hello!

How does I make that happend??
The non-wireless network card has a internetcabel linked from a routher that is connected to the internet. What is a "non wireless NIC card"?

Grateful for a solution!! Thanks!
Hope you will reply again!

/Björn

I don't understand some of the lingo you are using. Where are you from exactly?

And if you are using a wireless router, you just connect to it from your wii.

Hello again! =)

I'm from Sweden, the country that only got 5 000 Wii consoles!
I don't have a wireless router, just the wireless networkcard. In my computer there is two network cards, one with the linked (non-wireless) internet that comes from a router (that is in another building) and one wireless network card that I should be able to us with my Wii.

The problem is that the computer (wireless network) can't find the Wii and the Wii can't find the computer unless I have activated the wireless network throught my Mediabox. Then the Wii can find the computer but the test gives me following error: "Error: 51030 - Unable to find an access point. Please confirm the SSID and try again".

Thanks!!!

Greetings Björn

Hello!

It should be on ad-hoc and it is broadcasting the SSID (the Wii finds the information when it is linked with the Mediabox). But now when I'm looking on all the settings, I can't find the ad-hoc mode - where can I find that?
But should'nt it be on? It works with the Mediabox...

I have tried all different settings and things - this feels like it's out of my league, hehe!

Thanks!!

Greetings Björn

I think that I got the problem now!

The Wii can find the access point (the connection to the wireless network card). BUT when Wii is testing the connection it's testing the "internet connection" - and there is non on the wireless network!
The internet connection is on the non-wireless network card and comes from the router.
So the thing is - how can I make the wireless network card internet able, forwarding the internet connection from the non-wireless to the wireless to the Wii....

Thanks!

Greetings Björn

jvc_man said:
I think that I got the problem now!

The Wii can find the access point (the connection to the wireless network card). BUT when Wii is testing the connection it's testing the "internet connection" - and there is non on the wireless network!
The internet connection is on the non-wireless network card and comes from the router.
So the thing is - how can I make the wireless network card internet able, forwarding the internet connection from the non-wireless to the wireless to the Wii....

Thanks!

Greetings Björn

go to your network connections folder and right click on the wireless one and click on bridge.

Hello!

Yes, I have XP on my computer.
I will try "the bridge" later tonight, is'nt home right now. Will the bridge automatic make the wireless network internet(able) so the Wii will connect? Hope so!
But thanks for all the help and information - will write if it worked tomorrow.

Thanks!

Many Greetings Björn

jvc_man said:
Hello!

Yes, I have XP on my computer.
I will try "the bridge" later tonight, is'nt home right now. Will the bridge automatic make the wireless network internet(able) so the Wii will connect? Hope so!
But thanks for all the help and information - will write if it worked tomorrow.

Thanks!

Many Greetings Björn

If you are using multiple nics, one for a WAN connection, and one for a LAN connection, you need to bridge them.

Back