World Cup 2006 discussion

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
So its 4 days to the official start of the 2006 World Cup :)

Most of the teams will be making their way over to Germany in preparation for the group stages.

I dont want this thread to turn into a flamefest and rather have it as an ongoing discussion for the games / players / results and any other funny/weird stuff that usually occurs at these events :)

I'll be supporting England obviously, pretty sure i read they're second favourites after Brazil but well we'll have to see about that :sick:

Who are you gonna be behind? Any plans on where you'll be watching the games or maybe you're even gonna be travelling over there?

from the uk hate football sick of hearing about it beckham this beckham that

i like rugby (both play and watch) a true mans sport

I'm from Wales, so I'm supporting whoever's playing against England. :D

I watch footie every now and then, but I'm not a big fan. I'll probably watch a few games. Looks like England have a fair chance, but my guess is Brazil will probably win again.

I'am following all my own country matches.
And all the good matches like Brazil - Aus.

I think most countries are playing boring....
Let's just hope for some action later on =3.

Well all i have to say is Go Argentina and Italy!
I really just go for Argentina but italy is also good.
well i am following almost all of the games, i have seen almost all of them and i
think that the top teams are:
Argentina
Brazil
England
Germany

Napalmbrain said:
I'm from Wales, so I'm supporting whoever's playing against England. :D

:wtf: and not your fellow country from the british isles? :O how dare you :D

Daniel92 said:
well i am following almost all of the games, i have seen almost all of them and i
think that the top teams are:
Argentina
Brazil
England
Germany

Hes right. Germany has Schweinsteiger and Podolski ( Schweini & Poldi^^).
Ballack is very good too, but have you seen Bernd Schneider? This guy is more brazilianer than Brazil self. Okay, Oli Kahn doeant play but Lehmann is a good goal keeper too.

Whats youre opinion about the German National-Team and have you seen the match against Poland?^^

Daniel92 said:

Argentina have been playing great, I think they could win. As for Italy, they won't be getting anywhere if they keep playing like they did against the USA the other night.

$p@rKz` said:
:wtf: and not your fellow country from the british isles? :O how dare you :D

Will England support their fellow European countries if they're knocked out? I doubt it.

Napalmbrain said:
Will England support their fellow European countries if they're knocked out? I doubt it.

i dno about the rest of the country but i will >.< just like i'll support any english club team after man u are knocked out of a cup...

Oh oh. The next match is against Schweden. And Equador lost against germany, so they have to play against England.

Back