Worst News in a Decade

Pikachu256 said:
Not really that bad news but yeah kind of amazing seening the PS3 out sells the Wii.

The Real Question is that...... Can The Ps3 Catch Up by the end of 2008? with Killzone 2, MSG4, and many others released that year!

It don't know if it catches up to the wii in sales, but it sure will close the gap in a hurry!

romj said:
What does COOKING mean?

In context, a derivative of the phrase "Cooking the books" which means to alter the figures in a sales ledger to present flase information.

Or, in plain English, Sony was altering their sales figures to indicate that they sold more units. Generally by using deliberate bad math to count sales multiple times, or to create confusion about Gross profit, net profit, and cash flow figures.

Or, in ultra-plain English, Sony was lying about how many they sold.

TiwazTyrsfist said:
In context, a derivative of the phrase "Cooking the books" which means to alter the figures in a sales ledger to present flase information.

Or, in plain English, Sony was altering their sales figures to indicate that they sold more units. Generally by using deliberate bad math to count sales multiple times, or to create confusion about Gross profit, net profit, and cash flow figures.

Or, in ultra-plain English, Sony was lying about how many they sold.

OK. Thank you for that clear explanation. But why would a company do something like that? How does it benifit them?

It means people think that the Console is doing well and more people will snatch them up. Its for the Popularity of the consoles so the hype and sales will increase.

who cares? i like my PS3 better than my (old) Wii. all i can say is ****in cry about it! lol

not trying to be an a-hole here but really, who cares if PS3 outsells Wii one month in one region? is it really THAT epic?

no way in hell the PS3 could catch up to Wii lol. its just not going to happen this year. 2009..maybe? who knows.

the only reason wii was outsold by ps3 is because they can't make enough wii's to support the demand... i work retail we can't keep a wii more than 5 mins they are gone, before they hit the floor. ps3 on the other hand had one left on black friday and it took me 8 hours and i finally had to beg a guy to buy it and my pitch to him was this... you really want a wii sir, well your kid is going to be disapointed if you don't have something under that tree so by this and then after xmas is over, return it and buy a wii, you have 90 days with reciept. no biggy. and he took it.

Even though the Wii is short in demand, it shows the PS3 actually has life. I recently picked up one myself and I'm actually enjoying it.

Pikachu256 said:
It means people think that the Console is doing well and more people will snatch them up. Its for the Popularity of the consoles so the hype and sales will increase.

I understand, thank you.

Who cares about this. This is over a month or so. I have all the systems out right now and the Wii is the funnest one to play. PS3 is good for Blue-Ray and the outstanding graphics and 360 is great for online gaming. They all have there pluses and minuses but my Wii gets more play than the other systems as of right now with Super Mario Galaxy and Guitar Hero 3 now.:yesnod:

Arrienn said:
Just look at this....it shows the sales of all 3 consoles in real time....I dont think ps3 is a threat to wii sales

http://nexgenwars.com/
Right, real time. :rolleyes:

NexGenWars said:
The console sales numbers you see on the front page of NexGen Wars are estimates, and are not intended to represent exact, down to the minute sales as only Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony know the exact sales figures of their respective consoles. What we do here at NexGen Wars is compile numbers from NPD, Media Create, ChartTrack, as well as various other sources. We then take these numbers and, based on past sales trends, extrapolate the numbers out to give as close to real-time estimates as possible. Again, these are only estimates, but we are confident in our ability to bring you accurate and unbiased sales figures. Not only do we extrapolate the numbers out so they don't lag months behind with the official sales numbers, but we also update the numbers when new official numbers have been released to keep our estimates as accurate as possible.

Its a ticker.

yeah, yeah......that is the closest thing to actual. There are not enough reports of actual everyday to keep track. but at the times that they do come out, nexgen is about dead on. Best way ive found to keep track of them all. =)

Back